Subject: RE: [Fwd: Re: Kerberos Revisions and UTF8]

From: "John Brezak" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 13:33:38 -0700

A warning telling users to not use non-ASCII characters in their names
will not work. We need to deal with the fact that there are realms with
non-ASCII characters and not expect that people will heed any warnings.

Especially since Windows 2000 is shipped as a global product that has
been localized for many countries, there is no way to guarantee this.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Altman [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2001 8:59 AM
To: Nicolas Williams
Cc: Tom Yu; John Brezak; Douglas E. Engert; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: Kerberos Revisions and UTF8]

> Yes, but I'm thinking of a recommendation that is clearly meant for
> *users* as much as for the implementors.
> 
> And more specifically, should folks like myself raise a flag in our 
> organizations about this.

Absolutely.

 Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer      C-Kermit 8.0 Beta available
 The Kermit Project @ Columbia University   includes Secure Telnet and
FTP
 http://www.kermit-project.org/             using Kerberos, SRP, and 
 [email-masked]          OpenSSL.  SSH soon to
follow.

---

From: "Tim Bass" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 17:28:11 -0400

John,

Any chance that MS will submit an ID publishing the
implementation details of the MS implementation of
the Kerberos-based HTTP 401 challenge-response
mechanism(s).

Finest Regards, Tim

www.silkroad.com