Subject: Re: Need clarification for unknown auth data

From: "Nicolas Williams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:28:32 -0400

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 01:12:53PM -0700, Yordan Rouskov wrote:
> Correct. 
> My question is what error to fail the TGS exchange with in case unknown
> auth data is outside if-relevant?

KDC_ERR_AUTHZDATA_TYPE_NOSUPP, no? No, it doesn't exist.

I guess clarifications needs to add a new error number, or extensions. In
the meantime I guess KDC_ERR_POLICY would have to do.

Nico
-- 

Visit our website at http://www.ubswarburg.com

This message contains confidential information and is intended only 
for the individual named.  If you are not the named addressee you 
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.  Please 
notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this 
e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.

E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free 
as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, 
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender therefore 
does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents 
of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  If 
verification is required please request a hard-copy version.  This 
message is provided for informational purposes and should not be 
construed as a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any securities or 
related financial instruments.

---

From: "Yordan Rouskov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 13:12:53 -0700

Correct. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicolas Williams [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 12:31 PM
To: [email-masked]; Yordan Rouskov
Subject: Re: Need clarification for unknown auth data

[NOTE: what's up with the malformed headers I see on most posts to this
list?]

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 01:55:50PM -0500,
[email-masked] wrote:
> Subject: Need clarification for unknown auth data
> From: "Yordan Rouskov" <[email-masked]>
> 
> Recent "Kerberos Clarifications" I-D dictates that requests containing

> unknown auth data should be rejected.=20
> 
> What would be the TGS response to a TGS request containing unknown 
> auth data? Obviously the request should fail, but with what error 
> code? Can someone please clarify.=20
> 
> thanks
> 

Isn't this covered by the AD-IF-RELEVANT container?

Personally, I think we need AD-IF-KDC-RELEVANT and AD-IF-AP-RELEVANT
containers as well, this way AD types unknown to a TGS need not prevent
ticket issuance, if that AD type is critical only to apps.

In any case, AD not in a AD-IF-*RELEVANT container should cause any
acceptor to reject the AP exchange, and that should go for TGS exchanges
as well as traditional AP exchanges.

Cheers,

Nico
--