Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-krb-wg-crypto-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 07:35:30 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Kerberos WG Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Encryption and Checksum Specifications for Kerberos 5
	Author(s)	: K. Raeburn
	Filename	: draft-ietf-krb-wg-crypto-01.txt
	Pages		: 44
	Date		: 06-May-02
	
This document describes a framework for defining encryption and
checksum mechanisms for use with the Kerberos protocol [Kerb],
defining an abstraction layer between the Kerberos protocol and
related protocols, and the actual mechanisms themselves.  Several
mechanisms are also defined in this document.  Some are taken from
RFC 1510, modified in form to fit this new framework, and
occasionally modified in content when the old specification was
incorrect.  New mechanisms are presented here as well.  This document
does NOT indicate which mechanisms may be considered 'required to
implement' or deprecated.
Comments should be sent to the editor, or to the IETF Kerberos
working group ([email-masked]).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-crypto-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-krb-wg-crypto-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-crypto-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Ken Raeburn <[email-masked]>
Date: 09 May 2002 19:17:50 -0400

I think I've addressed some of the issues raised in the previous
draft.  I haven't addressed all of the comments from Marcus Watts yet,
but I'm looking into loosening up the simplified profile to support
CTS and truncated HMAC as options, and working those into the next AES
draft (which won't be ready for a little longer).

Ken