Subject: KRB-WG 54th IETF Meeting Minutes

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 07:47:37 -0500

Minutes of the Kerberos Working Group
54th IETF Meeting
Yokohama Japan
Tuesday 16 July, 2002
13:45-14:45.

   The Kerberos working group met briefly to discuss progress on
   Kerberos clarifications and other internet drafts.  Most attendees
   were new to the working group and few of those writing the documents
   under consideration were able to attend.  The status of Kerberos
   several Internet drafts were discussed.

   (I would like to thank Cliff Neuman, for chairing the meeting 
    and producing the minutes, as I was not able to attend. - D. Engert) 

Kerberos Clarifications - Status Reported by Clifford Neuman

   Section 5 revisions to Kerberos clarifications have appeared.  Other
   changes to clarifications are being integrated this week and a new
   internet draft will be submitted in the week following the IETF.
   Several of the remaining "assignments" were completed since the
   working group meeting, and we are very close to closure.  We will
   likely hold an interim meeting between now and the Atlanta IETF to
   resolve any remaining issues on clarifications and continue
   progress on the Kerberos extensions document.  The date and venue of
   such an interim meeting will be discussed and announced to the
   working group mailing list.

   For the benefit of the attendees that had not been present at
   previous Kerberos working group meetings, Clifford Neuman presented a
   summary of the discussion at the interim meeting in February and the
   subsequent meeting in Minneapolis regarding the splitting of the
   internet draft into clarification and extensions, and the plans for
   moving forward.

Kerberos Extensions

   There was no discussion of Kerberos extensions issues during the
   working group meeting.  It is expected that progress will be made on
   extensions at any interim meeting, once the clarifications issues
   are settled.

Internationalization

   Jeff Altman said a few words about the Stringprep Profile for Kerberos
   to allow for Internationalization.  A new version of the Stringprep
   draft was released on June 24th, but there was not time to submit an
   update to the Kerberos profile to make the deadline.  This will be
   taken care of in the next few weeks.

PK-INIT - Status Reported by Clifford Neuman

   A new draft of PK-INIT was submitted by Brian Tung before the meeting
   but missed the deadline.  A copy was sent to the mailing list and it
   will officially appear once the meeting concludes.  Only minor changes
   were made, and progress of this draft is gated on Kerberos 
clarifications.

Kerberos DNS

   At the editing session we agreed to update and re-issue the Kerberos
   DNS Locate draft.  The draft was updated to make the Security
   Considerations clearer; as well as to add the ability to perform
   lookups to an as yet unimplemented KDC over TLS connection.

Single Use Authentication

   Ken Hornstein mentioned that he was about to dust off the old draft
   on single use authentication and resubmit it for discussion.

The attendees were asked for any questions or any open issues that
they felt needed to be discussed and nothing was brought up.

The meeting was adjourned.