Subject: krb-wg working group status

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 13:34:39 -0500

There will be a krb-wg meeting at the 54th IETF next week, lead by Cliff Neuman.
Cliff may be the only regular to attend as most of us can't. 
It was felt important to have a meeting, to gain input and keep informed those
in that part of the world who could attend. The mailing list has very few members
and no active posting to the mailing list from Japan. Maybe the meeting will attract
up some new members.   

A week or so after the meeting, I would like to have the working group spend
sometime, and get working on the clarifications, so we could have a document
ready for 55th IETF, November 17-22, Atlanta, GA, and get it to last call
around that time. We have a number of other documents too, which al depend on
the clarifications. 

Our interim meeting, held February 12-13 was very productive, and if needed we could
consider another. Having two days devoted to hashing out issues helped a lot. 

We seam to be very active just before a meeting, then enthusiasm dies off
quickly. There are really only about 5-10 people who fully understand all the issues
and like all of the rest of us are very busy. We need to change this somehow, and
get more results form this WG. This will require these 5-10 people to devote
more of their time on WG activities. 

-- 

 Douglas E. Engert  <[email-masked]>
 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue
 Argonne, Illinois  60439 
 (630) 252-5444