Subject: draft-ietf-krb-wg-krb-dns-locate-03.txt [was Re: draft-ietf-dhc-packetcable-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 15:19:12 -0500 (CDT)

]
In-Reply-To: Message from "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]> 
   of "Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:01:51 CDT." <[email-masked]> 
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 15:09:27 -0400
From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Sender: [email-masked]
Precedence: bulk

> You should also look at:  
> " Distributing Kerberos KDC and Realm Information with DNS"
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-krb-dns-locate-03.txt

What is the status of this? I.e., is the WG going to ask the IESG to
advance it anytime soon? Or does it need more work?

Scanning it briefly, I see it seems to recommend using TXT records to
hold mapping information. I wonder if that aspect of the document will
prove to be controversial when it goes through Last Call.

> Which describes how to find a KDC using DNS. I should point out that
> W2K, MIT and I think Hiemdal all have this implemented.

This implies the document should hurry up and get finished, so it can
become an RFC. Right?

Thomas