Subject: Comments on clarifications draft:

From: [email-masked] (Sam Hartman)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 15:33:30 -0400 (EDT)

One question: were we integrating the referals draft into the text or
just references it?

And now a few nits.

Quoting section 3:

 The
    encryption method used to protect the encrypted part of the
    KRB_TGS_REP message is the keytype of the session key found in the
    ticket granting ticket presented in the KRB_TGS_REQ.

It does?  What about a subkey presented in the authenticator along
with the ticket?  See section 3.3..  Why is this text here in the first place; just remove the paragraph.

     3.1.4. Generation of KRB_ERROR message

    Several errors can occur, and the Authentication Server responds by
    returning an error message, KRB_ERROR, to the client, with the
    error-code, e-text, and optional e-cksum fields set to appropriate
    values. The error message contents and details are described in
    Section 5.9.1.

Contains mention of error checksum field not present in clarifications.