Subject: Update to Kerberos clarifications available

From: Clifford Neuman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:49:11 -0700

Members of the Kerberos working group:

An update to the Kerberos clarifications document is available from
http://www.kerberos.us.  I am in the process of packaging the text
version to submit to internet-drafts, and that draft will emerge when
they are done processing the submission.

Changes since the last version include updates to section 5 and
appendix A submitted by Tom Yu (which you have seen separately on the
list), updates from Ken Raeburn, text in many sections provide by Sam
Hartman, and updates to section 8 by Jeffrey Altman.  Other minor
edits in response to list discussions were made throughout.

I will be continuing to update the HTML versions on the site leading
into the interim meeting based on comments and discussion on the list.
Please post comments to the mailing list.

Clifford Neuman

---

From: Michael Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 12:29:30 -0700 (PDT)

It's been over a month since IETF folks...

	       Mike

---

From: Brian Tung <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:20:10 -0700

> It's been over a month since IETF folks...

Will do.

Brian Tung <[email-masked]>

P.S.  PKINIT, at least.  I'd have to check up on PKCROSS...

---

From: Michael Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:23:57 -0700 (PDT)

> P.S.  PKINIT, at least.  I'd have to check up on PKCROSS...

   Thanks... maybe it's my naivete about process, but
   aren't wg items supposed to be renewed automatically,
   or by the wg, or is it still the resposibility of the
   authors? It's sort of disconcerting to see
   chartered items where their drafts disappear
   for long periods...

	       Mike

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Sep 2002 16:51:46 -0400

>    chartered items where their drafts disappear

No, they are not automatically renewed.  It is up to the author.  I
believe the assumption is that an active work-item will be changing
periodically (so it will be renewed by the author), or if there have
not been changes to the draft then it should be handed to the IESG.

-derek
-- 
       Derek Atkins
       Computer and Internet Security Consultant
       [email-masked]             www.ihtfp.com