Subject: RE: [Fwd: Re: Submission of draft-ietf-cat-iakerb-08.txt to IESG]

From: Tim Alsop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 10:28:43 +0100

> It seems to me that one motivating factor behind the use of SPNEGO GSSAPI
to access KRB5 is to allow a specific implementation to rely on the existing
software 
> architectures provided on a specific platform. Does this make it wrong to
use SPNEGO?  No.  But does it make it right to require it?  How many
implementations of
> SPNEGO GSSAPI are there in Kerberos 5 implementations?  Is there any
opensource implementation?

In response to Jeffrey's comment about availability of SPNEGO/GSS-API with
Kerberos I wanted to let you know that the latest CyberSafe Application
Security SDK (based on GSS-API v2 revision 1) has SPNEGO support. This
product is not open source and is a commercially supported solution. This
product is currently in early beta stage and is likely to be a few months
from being generally released. I am watching this discussion about IAKERB
with interest as I have a potential requirement for WLAN security where
IAKERB would be useful.

Regards, Tim.