Subject: Short Summary: KRB-WG IETF 55 Atlanta

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 07:02:51 -0600

[This summary is from my notes. Our scribe has not yet sent me his
notes.]

The Kerberos WG met on 11/19/02 for two 1 hour sessions. In attendance
where approximately 60 people. 

The WG last call for the Clarifications ended at the meeting. There where
about 35 messages generated and Cliff Neuman has promised a new draft at the end of 
the week. There does not appear to be any major issues, mostly MUST vs SHOULD
and editing changes. We could be having another WG last call very soon.

Ken Raeburn discussed the KCRYPTO and AES drafts, and will have updated versions of 
these soon. Since the Clarifications, KCRYPTO and AES all refer to each other
they may have to progress together as well.

PKINIT is up in the air again, with concerns over mapping of certificates 
to principal names and realms.

Sam discussed problems with the Change/Set Password draft, which is before the
IESG. The consensus of the WG is to revise the document. I will post a separate
note on this soon.

Cliff discussed the Extensions, to keep people up to date.

IAKERB has also been before the IESG, and Glenn Zorn gave an update on its status
and relevance. It is still not clear if it has been implemented, but there is an 
experimental draft for EAP-GSS but many of the WG members felt it has many security 
problems. There was no general consensus on what should happen to the document as it 
might still be relevant. Classifying it as experimental may be the best choice for 
everyone.  

Derek Atkins talked on a possible contender for IAKERB, the Krb5 EAP implementation.
He expects to have a document by the middle of next month. The KRB-WG may not be the
right WG for this draft.

Ken Horenstien talked on Mat Crawford's HW-AUTH draft and his SAM draft. 

Dona Skibbie talked on the LDAP schema draft. 

 

-- 

 Douglas E. Engert  <[email-masked]>
 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue
 Argonne, Illinois  60439 
 (630) 252-5444