Subject: [Fwd: KRB-WG agenda for IETF 55 - Draft 0.5]

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:31:26 -0600

[Fifth draft of the krb-wg agenda. 

Have added Matt Hurfor PKINIT, Glen Zorn for IAKERB. 

Please look over the agenda, and indicate if I have missed anything.
Also note some drafts need speakers. I have listed Sam on the
set/change password draft, has he had comments to the IESG.     

Times are flexible. We have two one hour sessions, with a break between. 
Derek Atkins asked to talk on ESP  and wanted to be in the second hour.]

Kerberos WG  (krb-wg) 

TUESDAY, November 19, 2002
1415-1515 Afternoon Sessions II
1545-1645 Afternoon Sessions III
======================================================

CHAIR: Doug Engert <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

  Introduction  
        Doug Engert - 5 min
	Agenda bashing, appointing a scribe

 "The Kerberos Network Authentication Service (V5)" 
       
hhttp://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-clarifications-02.txt
        Cliff Neuman - 20 min
        
        Status: The Clarifications are in WG last call with the last call to end the
	day of the WG. (If you read nothing else, please read this document!)

 "Encryption and Checksum Specifications for Kerberos 5" 
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-crypto-02.txt
	Ken Raeburn - 10 min 

	Status: Should be ready for last call after meeting.

"AES Encryption for Kerberos 5"
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-raeburn-krb-rijndael-krb-02.txt
	Ken Raeburn - 10 min

	Status: Just submitted, Should be ready for last call after meeting. 

"Public Key Cryptography for Initial Authentication in Kerberos"
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-init-16.txt
	Matt Hur - 5 min

	Status: May need some changes based on recent comments on WG list,
        It could be ready for another WG last call.

"Initial and Pass Through Authentication Using Kerberos V5 and GSS-API (IAKERB)"
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-iakerb-08.txt
	Glen Zorn - 5 min

	Status: Passed WG last call, and sent to IESG. Has stalled,
	Martin Rex expressed complaints to IESG. Jeff Shiller has said he would
        look at it. WG might want to recommend it be Experimental, as no one
        is implementing it as far as we know. 

"Kerberos Set/Change Password: Version 2
	Sam Hartman - 5 min
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-set-passwd-06.txt  

	Status: Passed WG last call last year, but has stalled. 
	Based on comments by Sam Hartman, we may want to make additional changes.
	Should also be reviewed in light of Clarifications. 

<Break>

"Extensions"
	See http://www.kerberos.us -> Clarifications. Coments on Extensions are at the end.
	Cliff Neuman and Sam Hartman - 30 min

	Status: Waiting for Clarifications before proceeding.

"Krb5 EAP method"
	http: none
	Derek Atkins - 5 min

	Status: EAP is the Extensible Authentication Protocol used by 
        PPP/RADIUS/et.al.  Derek is working on a specification
        for how to use EAP to carry Kerberos authentication data and requests
        between a client station and "the network.

"Passwordless Initial Authentication to Kerberos by Hardware Preauthentication"
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-hw-auth-02.txt
	Ken Hornstien - 5 min

	Status: This is Matt Crawford's draft. Ken said hewanted to talk about it.

"Integrating Single-use Authentication Mechanisms with Kerberos"
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-sam-01.txt
	Ken Hornstien - 5 min

	Status: New document.

(I am listing the following drafts, and can discuss them if needed.)

"Stringprep Profile for Kerberos UTF-8 Strings"
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-utf8-profile-00.txt

"Kerberos KDC LDAP Schema"
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-skibbie-krb-kdc-ldap-schema-01.txt

"Public Key Cryptography for Cross-Realm Authentication in Kerberos"
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-cross-08.txt

"Distributing Kerberos KDC and Realm Information with DNS"
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-krb-dns-locate-02.txt

DESCRIPTION:

The prime goal of the working group is to get Kerberos Clarifications to last call,
as most of the other documents depend on this. The Crypto and AES are also needed
to round out the suite of useable documents.  

-- 

 Douglas E. Engert  <[email-masked]>
 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue
 Argonne, Illinois  60439 
 (630) 252-5444

---

From: Ken Raeburn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 23:17:50 -0500

> 	Status: Just submitted, Should be ready for last call after meeting. 

Some minor problems have been pointed out with the current drafts; an
-03 for each (or perhaps combined, if I get the time to work on that)
will be needed.  I hope to have it ready for submission before we
leave Atlanta.

Ken