Subject: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-clarifications-02.txt

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 11:02:13 -0600

The Clarifications draft has been posted to the IETF web site. Therefore we
can start the WG Last call process, which will last two weeks  11/5 to 11/19.
This period will end on the day of the WG meeting in Atalanta. 

I encourage all WG members to read over the document, and send in comments.
Please include the section number in the title of the e-mail to help keep
track of the comments. If there are multiple technical issues to consider, 
please send as seperate e-mails. This will help keep the issues straight. 

An example title: Clarifications comment Section 6.2.1"

At the meeting we will discuss the status of the last call, to see if it needs
to be extended, or if a new draft is required. As always, consensus to move
forward is reached via the e-mail list, not the meeting, but the meeting can 
provide consensus to call for changes. 

I especially encourage those members who represent vendors and developers of 
current implementations to review the document, and to comment. This includes 
positive comments to proceed!
   
Ken Raeburn has already submitted "some comments on newest kerberos-clarifications"
which deal mostly with document formatting and consistency. 

The document is 117 pages long, so get started early! 

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-clarifications-02.txt
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 06:09:41 -0500
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce: ;
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Kerberos WG Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Kerberos Network Authentication Service (V5)
	Author(s)	: C. Neuman et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-clarifications-02.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2002-11-4
	
This document provides an overview and specification of Version 5 of the
Kerberos protocol, and updates RFC1510 to clarify aspects of the protocol and its intended
use that require more detailed or clearer explanation than was provided in RFC1510. This
document is intended to provide a detailed description of the protocol, suitable for
implementation, together with descriptions of the appropriate use of protocol messages and
fields within those messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-clarifications-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-clarifications-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-clarifications-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.