Subject: Do we want to last call crypto now or after meeting

From: [email-masked] (Sam Hartman)
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 19:15:51 -0500 (EST)

Is there anything that would prevent us from last calling crypto now
instead of after the meeting as Doug proposes?

---

From: Ken Raeburn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 20:11:45 -0500

> instead of after the meeting as Doug proposes?

Depends on whether people think that right before the conference is a
good time for the last-call period.

As for issues with the document itself, I think I've addressed the
issues that came up after the last submission.  Simon Josefsson
noticed some discrepancies between the DES mechanism descriptions and
reality, but I think we've got those worked out.  (He actually
implemented string-to-key from the description!  And, surprise, the
description was wrong.)

Ken

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 20:45:09 -0500

>>>>> "Ken" == Ken Raeburn <[email-masked]> writes:

    Ken> [email-masked] (Sam Hartman) writes:
    >> Is there anything that would prevent us from last calling
    >> crypto now instead of after the meeting as Doug proposes?

    Ken> Depends on whether people think that right before the
    Ken> conference is a good time for the last-call period.

Well since we've decided to last call clarifications before the
meeting I think we've decided that it is a good thing.