Subject: KRB-WG agenda for IETF 55 - Draft 0.1

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 14:03:15 -0600

[First draft of the krb-wg agenda. This is based on the
agenda we sketched out a the Interim meeting. 

Please look over the agenda, and indicate if I have missed anything.
Also note some drafts need speakers. I have listed Sam on the
set/change password draft, has he had comments to the IESG.     

Times are flexible. We have two one hour sessions, with a break between. 
Derek Atkins asked to talk on ESP  and wanted to be in the second hour.]

Kerberos WG  (krb-wg) 

TUESDAY, November 19, 2002
1415-1515 Afternoon Sessions II
1545-1645 Afternoon Sessions III
======================================================

CHAIR: Doug Engert <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

  Introduction  
        Doug Engert - 5 min
	Agenda bashing, appointing a scribe

 "The Kerberos Network Authentication Service (V5)" 
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-clarifications-XX.txt
        Cliff Neuman - 45 min

        Can also be found at http://www.kerberos.isi.edu/ but not in IETF format.
        Status: The Clarifications should be in WG last call during the meeting.
	(Waiting on posting by RFC editors to start last call.)

 "Encryption and Checksum Specifications for Kerberos 5" 
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-crypto-02.txt
	Ken Raeburn - 10 min 

	Status: Should be ready for last call after meeting.

"Kerberos and AES"
	http: (Not listed as WG document yet?)
	Ken Raeburn - 10 min

	Status: Should be submitted soon.

"Public Key Cryptography for Initial Authentication in Kerberos"
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-init-16.txt
	????? - ?? min

	Status: May need some changes based on recent comments on WG list.

"Initial and Pass Through Authentication Using Kerberos V5 and GSS-API (IAKERB)"
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-iakerb-08.txt
	???? - ?? min

	Status: Passed WG last call, and sent to IESG. Has stalled,
	Martin Rex expressed complaints to IESG. Jeff Shiller has said he would
        look at it. WG might want to recommend it be Experimental, as no one
        is implementing it as far as we know. 

"Kerberos Set/Change Password: Version 2
	Sam Hartman?? - ?? min
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-set-passwd-06.txt  

	Status: Passed WG last call last year, but has stalled. 
	Based on comments by Sam Hartman, we may want to make additional changes.
	Should also be reviewed in light of Clarifications. 

"Extensions"
	http: (Not available yet)
	????? - ?? min

	Status: Waiting for Clarifications before proceeding.

"Krb5 EAP method"
	http: none
	Derek Atkins - 10 min

	Status: EAP is the Extensible Authentication Protocol used by 
        PPP/RADIUS/et.al.  Derek is working on a specification
        for how to use EAP to carry Kerberos authentication data and requests
        between a client station and "the network.

(I am listing the following drafts, and can discuss them if needed.)

"Stringprep Profile for Kerberos UTF-8 Strings"
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-utf8-profile-00.txt

"Kerberos KDC LDAP Schema"
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-skibbie-krb-kdc-ldap-schema-01.txt

"Passwordless Initial Authentication to Kerberos by Hardware Preauthentication"
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-hw-auth-02.txt

"Public Key Cryptography for Cross-Realm Authentication in Kerberos"
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-cross-08.txt

"Distributing Kerberos KDC and Realm Information with DNS"
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-krb-dns-locate-02.txt

DESCRIPTION:

The prime goal of the working group is to get Kerberos Clarifications to last call,
as most of the other documents depend on this. The Crypto and AES are also needed
to round out the suite of useable documents.  

-- 

 Douglas E. Engert  <[email-masked]>
 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue
 Argonne, Illinois  60439 
 (630) 252-5444

---

From: Clifford Neuman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 12:12:10 -0800 (PST)

I do not think we need 45 minutes on clarifications.  This has gone
in and is ready for last call just as soon as it appears.

I would like to leave 10 minutes on clarification, and have at least
35 minutes on extensions (I see extensions later).

There is no document on extensions at this point.  We should treat
clarifications as the "current submitted" extensions draft for purpose
of discussion, but before the meeting, I will be copying the
individual clarifications sections to an extensions hierarchy (on the
kerberos.us site), and then start putting back in those items from
revisions that we agreed would be in extensions but which we pulled
out for clarifications.

If anyone wants to list their understanding of what those items are on
the list between now and then, it will help me to make sure that I
miss as little as possible.  My goal here is to have a document to
work from for our extensions document that I can submit as soon as the
conclusion of the IETF meeting, and to have an internal (i.e. up on
our site but not published as an ID) document for discussion about a
week before the meeting.

Cliff

---

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 14:24:10 -0600

> in and is ready for last call just as soon as it appears.

Great. As soon as I see it, I will send out the WG last call announcement.
We are just over two weeks away from the meeting, so we will not
end the last call till at least the meeting.

> 35 minutes on extensions (I see extensions later).

I will adjust. Hopefully the last call will go smoothly and we
will not need much time on Clarifications, but may take it if there
are issues.

--

---

From: Ken Raeburn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 20:38:25 -0500

> 	Status: Should be submitted soon.

New version just submitted a little while ago, copy available at
http://www.mit.edu/~raeburn/draft-raeburn-krb-rijndael-krb-02.txt for
the impatient :-).  (Note that there's an -02 in the I-D area already,
which is the note that the -01 draft expired.)  Once it gets
published, you can have the secretary update the WG web page to list
it.

I've just spotted one error in it: The description of the default
string-to-key parameters was changed in the text from a previous
version, but the table on page 4 didn't get updated.

Ken

---

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 13:59:09 -0600

[Second draft of the krb-wg agenda. This is based on the
agenda we sketched out a the Interim meeting, and comments from draft 0.1
AES and Kcrypto have been posted. 
Clarifications time is shorter, Cliff and Sam wat to speak on extensions. 

Kerberos WG  (krb-wg) 

AGENDA:

  Introduction  
        Doug Engert - 5 min

hhttp://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-clarifications-02.txt
        Cliff Neuman - 20 min
        
        Status: The Clarifications are in WG last call with the last call to end the
	day of the WG. (If you read nothing else, please read this document!)

"AES Encryption for Kerberos 5"
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-raeburn-krb-rijndael-krb-02.txt
	Ken Raeburn - 10 min

	Status: Just submitted, Should be ready for last call after meeting. 

"Extensions"
	See http://www.kerberos.us -> Clarifications. Coments on Extensions are at the end.
	Cliff Neuman and Sam Hartman - 40 min

"Krb5 EAP method"
	http: none
	Derek Atkins - 10 min

"...." 
	Ken Hornstien - 10 min
	Ken said he wanted some time, but has not sent me e-mail on this yet.

DESCRIPTION:

--

---

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 14:23:13 -0600

[Third draft of the krb-wg agenda. This is based on the
agenda we sketched out a the Interim meeting, and comments from draft 0.1
and 0.2. AES and Kcrypto have been posted. 
Clarifications time is shorter, Cliff and Sam want to speak on extensions. 

Kerberos WG  (krb-wg) 

AGENDA:

  Introduction  
        Doug Engert - 5 min

        

"Extensions"

"Krb5 EAP method"
	http: none
	Derek Atkins - 10 min

	Status: This is Matt Crawford's draft. Ken said hewanted to talk about it.

DESCRIPTION:

--

---

From: Clifford Neuman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 09:31:56 -0800

Members of the Kerberos working group,

There is now an nroff version, and text generated from the nroff
version for draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-clarifications-02.

All versions can be found by following the kerberos clarifications
link from http://kerberos.us

Note that the nroff was generated by reformatting the official text
submission, and the new text file was generated by running nroff on
the newly formatted document.  The first text version is still the
official draft that was submitted to internet-drafts.  The nroff
version will be the base for the final submission to the RFC editor
when we are out of last call.  If any issues are raised in last call,
they will be taken care of in the nroff version, and text generated
from the nroff version for resubmission.

Clifford Neuman