Subject: Re: extra tgt draft

From: Jonathan Trostle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:53:58 -0500 (EST)

Doug,

Thanks for the feedback; I will look at how to create the key without
XOR. I'd welcome additional help on the draft in this area. Key derivation
needs to be considered as well.

The only type that it currently defines is the new padata type PA-EXTRA-TGT.

Jonathan

---

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:06:20 -0600

Keep in mind that this draft is low priority, and may or may not be
accepted by the WG. But it might turn out to be a replaement for the
DCE RFC 26, or an updated version of the DCE RFC 26. 

-- 

 Douglas E. Engert  <[email-masked]>
 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue
 Argonne, Illinois  60439 
 (630) 252-5444

---

From: Ken Hornstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 16:41:16 -0500

>needs to be considered as well.

While it's got problems with RC4, Ken Raeburn's key-combination algorithm
that I used in the hardware preauth draft might not be a bad place to
start.

--Ken

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 18:00:12 -0500

>>>>> "Ken" == Ken Hornstein <[email-masked]> writes:

    >> Thanks for the feedback; I will look at how to create the key
    >> without XOR. I'd welcome additional help on the draft in this
    >> area. Key derivation needs to be considered as well.

    Ken> While it's got problems with RC4, Ken Raeburn's
    Ken> key-combination algorithm that I used in the hardware preauth
    Ken> draft might not be a bad place to start.

It has similar issues with AES.

Ken and I are debaiting the last issues on adding a PRF to the crypto
draft.  We seem to be doing a good job of avoiding running into each
other in person, which really needs to happen to finish the
discussion.