Subject: KRB-WG agenda for IETF 56 - Draft 0.1

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 10:33:17 -0600

Please review this draft agenda.  We will have 2 hours for discussions. 
I have listed all the drafts for the WG. Of these I have three we need to discuss.
If you would like to discuss any of these, let me know, and I will allocate time. 
If there is any other topic, let me know too.

Kerberos WG  (krb-wg) 

MONDAY, March 17, 2003
1300-1500 Afternoon Sessions I
======================================================

CHAIR: Doug Engert <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

  Introduction  
        Doug Engert - 5 min
	Agenda bashing, appointing a scribe

"The Kerberos Network Authentication Service (V5)"       
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-clarifications-03.txt
        Cliff Neuman - xx min
        
        Status: The Clarifications had one WG last call, and changes were requested. 
        We wouldlike to start another WG last call at the WG meeting, so if you have
        any comments please get them in, or come to the meeting. 
        (If you read nothing else, please read this document!)

        (As of 3/6 the draft-03 has been sent to the editors, but not posted. It should
        be available very soon. If you cant wait, see http://kerberos.us )

"Encryption and Checksum Specifications for Kerberos 5" 
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-crypto-03.txt
	Ken Raeburn - xx min 

	Status: This draft should go forward with Clarifications. Ken has a lot of 
        comments on the list, which need to be discussed. I think this could be ready for
        last call shortly after them meeting. 

"AES Encryption for Kerberos 5"
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-raeburn-krb-rijndael-krb-03.txt
	Ken Raeburn - xx min

	Status: This draftshould also go forward with Clarifications. It too is close
        to ready for WG last call. 

(I am listing the following drafts. They can discuss them if needed.)

"Public Key Cryptography for Initial Authentication in Kerberos"
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-init-16.txt
	(Matt Hur) - 0 min

	Status: May need some changes based on recent comments on WG list,
        It could be ready for another WG last call.

"Initial and Pass Through Authentication Using Kerberos V5 and GSS-API (IAKERB)"
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-iakerb-09.txt
	 - 0 min

	Status: Passed WG last call, and sent to IESG. Has stalled,
	Martin Rex expressed complaints to IESG. Jeff Shiller has said he would
        look at it. WG might want to recommend it be Experimental, as no one
        is implementing it as far as we know. 

"Kerberos Set/Change Password: Version 2
	Nico Williams - 0 min
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-set-passwd-06.txt  

	Status: Passed WG last call last year, but has stalled. 
	Nico Wiliams is hte new editor, and will be making additional changes in light
	light of Clarifications. 

"Extensions"
	See http://www.kerberos.us -> Clarifications. Coments on Extensions are at the end.
	- 0 min

	Status: Waiting for Clarifications before proceeding.

"Krb5 EAP method"
	http: none
	Derek Atkins - 0 min

	Status: EAP is the Extensible Authentication Protocol used by 
        PPP/RADIUS/et.al.  Derek is working on a specification
        for how to use EAP to carry Kerberos authentication data and requests
        between a client station and "the network.

"Passwordless Initial Authentication to Kerberos by Hardware Preauthentication"
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-hw-auth-02.txt
	Matt Crawford - 0  min

	Status: 

"Integrating Single-use Authentication Mechanisms with Kerberos"
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-sam-01.txt
	- 0 min

	Status: 

"Kerberos KDC LDAP Schema"
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-skibbie-krb-kdc-ldap-schema-01.txt
	Donna Skibbie - 0 min

	Status: May be of interest to the WG. 

"Stringprep Profile for Kerberos UTF-8 Strings"
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-utf8-profile-01.txt

"Public Key Cryptography for Cross-Realm Authentication in Kerberos"
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-cross-09.txt

        Status: The draft has expired.

"Distributing Kerberos KDC and Realm Information with DNS"
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-krb-dns-locate-03.txt

"Keys Extension for the Kerberos KDC LDAP Schema"
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-skibbie-krb-kdckeys-ldap-schema-00.txt

DESCRIPTION:

The prime goal of the working group is to get Kerberos Clarifications to last call,
as most of the other documents depend on this. The Crypto and AES are also needed
to round out the suite of useable documents.  

-- 

 Douglas E. Engert  <[email-masked]>
 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue
 Argonne, Illinois  60439 
 (630) 252-5444

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 15:44:10 -0500

I think that someone should discuss the set-change password draft.
Nico will not be there, but he is working on finding someone to
discuss it.

I'd like to see someone discuss Jonathan's additional tgt draft.  If
he will not be there I'd be happy to volunteer to discuss this.

---

From: Wyllys Ingersoll <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 11:46:32 -0500

> he will not be there I'd be happy to volunteer to discuss this.

I will present the "Kerberos Set/Change Password: Version 2" info
for Nico.   He won't have a new document officially submitted to IETF in time,
but should have something available for download (or posted to this
list) before the meeting.

-Wyllys Ingersoll

---

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 11:16:16 -0600

Sam Hartman wrote:
> I'd like to see someone discuss Jonathan's additional tgt draft. 
> If he will not be there I'd be happy to volunteer to discuss this.

Lets ask him. I will put it on the agenda. 

--