Subject: Proposed dates for Interim Meeting

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 09:23:03 -0500

Last week I sent a note to the WG about the proposed Interim meeting
which is being planed for Sept 15 and 16 in Bolder Colorado, hosted by 
Cable Labs. I received two comments:

  (1) One participant did not want to travel on Sunday, so could the meeting
      be moved.

  (2) Make sure the PKINIT discussions where held on a single day, as
      one of the authors could not be away from the office for very long.  

So I would like to propose that the meeting be moved back a day to start on Tuesday 
the 16 and 17. We would then make sure that the PKINIT discussions are held on one day, 
more likely one morning or afternoon.
  
Eric, 
 Can you check that the meeting facilities would be available for Sept 16 and 17. 

Others,
 Would moving the meeting back cause any problems?

PKINIT People,
 The PKINIT discussions should be no more then a few hours, so we could
schedule them at your convenience, on the morning or afternoon of the 16 or 17.
What is your choice?

-- 

 Douglas E. Engert  <[email-masked]>
 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue
 Argonne, Illinois  60439 
 (630) 252-5444

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 17:45:12 -0400

The primary purpose of the meeting is extensions, not pkinit, right?

I agree that some pkinit discussions should happen there, but it seems
that extensions will need the face to face time and brainstorming more
than pkinit.

I think pkinit issues will be more likely to be resolved by hallway
discussions and list traffic at the next IETF.

---

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 10:50:04 -0500

> The primary purpose of the meeting is extensions, not pkinit, right?

Correct. I was planing on starting with Extensions, then in the afternoon,
have a 2 hours or so for PKINIT, then back to extensions for the rest
of the afternoon and the next day. In this way the group could split up if
they so desired.  

--

---

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 12:02:30 -0400

Doug:

I have to agree with Sam on this one.  From our previous experience with 
the extensions topics at our interim meetings over the last two years, 
we are going to struggle to get through all of the work over two days. 
Since there are going to be many new participants (much welcomed I might 
add) we are going to need to spend a good amount of time on the first 
day not only refreshing our own memories of the issues and all of the 
positions but explaining how we got to the various decisions.

There can certainly be some discussion of PKINIT among those interested 
but I believe they should be held outside the framework of the interim 
meeting.

- Jeff

---

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 16:20:01 -0500

We are holding the interim meeting at the Cable Labs site, as they 
have been very interested in the PKINIT, therefore we need to give some time
even if only 2 hours to the topic. If during the PKINIT discussions, 
some people are inclined to leave to discus extensions, that is up to them.

--