Subject: Kerberos Working Group - IETF 59 meeting summary

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 11:36:25 +0900

What follows is a summary of the Kerberos WG meeting during IETF59, 
covering major decisions made during the meeting and specific work to be 
done in the next few months.  This does not take place of the full meeting 
minutes (which are forthcoming), but is intended to help keep the working 
group membership apprised of what's happened during meetings, and to help 
insure that work we've agreed to do actually gets done.

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <[email-masked]>
   Co-chair, IETF Kerberos Working Group
   Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsburgh, PA

Kerberos Working Group - IETF 59 meeting summary

- The chair gave an update of the status of documents which have been
  sent to the IESG.  The kcrypto, clarifications and gssapi documents
  have been updated to reflect IESG comments; the chairs will review
  these and return them to the IESG.  The gssapi mechanism has been
  updated to reflect AD comments, and is now in IETF-wide last call.

- Sam Hartman gave us an update on the kerberos-extensions document,
  and a presentation on Tom Yu's proposal for an alternate document
  structure.

- The chair gave an update on the status of PKINIT, and covered the
  remaining open issues.  Barring unforeseen issues, we expect an
  updated document to be submitted to the internet-drafts repository
  in the first few days of April, and to go to WG last call as soon
  as it is published.

- Sam Hartman gave an update on his generic preauthentication framework
  proposal.

DECISIONS and ACTION ITEMS:
  * WG: Remaining PKINIT issues (SubjectAltName, cname canonicalization,
    OCSP text) to be resolved on list by March 15
  * brian tung: send new PKINIT to reviewers by March 22
  * various: PKINIT review done by March 29
  * brian tung: send new PKINIT to I-D repository by April 2
  * chairs: review kerberos-clarifications and send back to IESG if ready
  * chairs: review kcrypto and send back to IESG if ready