Subject: RE: User to User Kerberos

From: Tim Alsop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 22:29:21 +0100

Sam,

Thanks. I will recommend to the Oasis working group involved to pass their document to this working group for feedback once it is in a suitable form.

Take care,

Tim. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Hartman [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 04 May 2004 21:06
To: Tim Alsop
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: User to User Kerberos

>>>>> "Tim" == Tim Alsop <[email-masked]> writes:

    Tim> Hi, Is user to user Kerberos considered to be ok to use,
    Tim> broken or some other status ? I am not refering to u2u with
    Tim> GSS, just u2u with Kerberos tickets. The reason for asking is
    Tim> that this approach is being considered for WS-Security (Web
    Tim> Services Security) standard being progressed within OASIS WSS
    Tim> TC.

It is very challenging to  get right, but is not broken.

I'd recommend that any use of it be reviewed by this working group or
at least by the IETF security area.