Subject: RE: krb-wg Agenda for 60th IETF - draft 0.1

From: "Liqiang(Larry) Zhu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:01:57 -0700

Sam Hartman wrote:
> Has anything actually changed on referrals needing our attention?

The draft is going to contain a solution to the GNUFtp/Ken problem (aka
using a local alias to a server in a foreign domain), as discussed in
Minneapolis.

Also I believe you indicated that you would consider to take Wmich
referral patch and you also shown interest in supporting cross realm
authentication via the referral mechanism.

If there is no sufficient interest, you can recommend to remove this
item. We have enough to worry about in this meeting, we should
definitely prioritize.

Thx,

Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Sam Hartman
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2004 9:53 AM
To: Douglas E. Engert
Cc: Kerberos WG
Subject: Re: krb-wg Agenda for 60th IETF - draft 0.1

Has anything actually changed on referrals needing our attention?

At least two of us requested 10-15 minutes to discuss the LDAP
information model progress.

I do want a slot to discuss preauth.  I hope to bring closure to some
issues I'm in the middle of writing up.

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:56:44 -0400

>>>>> "Liqiang(Larry)" == Liqiang(Larry) Zhu <[email-masked]> writes:

    Liqiang(Larry)> Also I believe you indicated that you would
    Liqiang(Larry)> consider to take Wmich referral patch and you also
    Liqiang(Larry)> shown interest in supporting cross realm
    Liqiang(Larry)> authentication via the referral mechanism.

We've certainly indicated interest in referrals and in supporting
referrals.  we did indicate to at least someone from Umich recently
that we'd be interested in working with them to look at that patch.

But neither of these requires WG face to face time.  Last time this
came up (fairly recently) the working group reconfirmed its consensus
to adopt a referrals solution for extensions based on your draft.  I
suspect people still agree;)

However if you do have new material for example for the gnuftp case,
it is worth discussing in face to face time.  Similarly if there are
other issues that are either open or new then it is worth discussing.