Subject: AES-128 vs. 256, *again*

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:50:44 -0500

We've had this discussion before.  Solaris will have AES-256 unbundled,
and AES-128 instead.

AES-128 is not even mentioned in
draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-clarifications-06.txt!

I don't care if only AES-256 is required, but support for AES-128 must
be recommended for interop.

Nico
--

---

From: Matt Crawford <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 17:27:55 -0500

> be recommended for interop.

Invoking the Danvers Doctrine seems a bit harsh, but ...

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 18:31:52 -0400

> be recommended for interop.

kerberos-clarifications has passed IETF-wide last call and is being 
evaluated by the IESG.  It is not too late to comment, but such comments 
need to be addressed to the IESG and/or to the responsible AD.

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <[email-masked]>
   Sr. Research Systems Programmer
   School of Computer Science - Research Computing Facility
   Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsburgh, PA