Subject: Resigning as co-chiar of krb-wg

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 09:17:17 -0500

I am resigning as co-chair of krb-wg effective immediately. Due to budget
constraints and other factors, I can not give the working group the
attention it needs from a co-chair. I will not be able to attend IETF-61.
I expect to be able to continue to participate but at a much reduced
level.

I have every confidence that the WG will continue to make progress
under Jeff's fine leadership and I will attempt to assist him in any way
I can.

-- 

  Douglas E. Engert  <[email-masked]>
  Argonne National Laboratory
  9700 South Cass Avenue
  Argonne, Illinois  60439
  (630) 252-5444

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:37:45 -0400

> I expect to be able to continue to participate but at a much reduced

Thank you, Doug, for your contributions to work on Kerberos, both as chair 
of the Kerberos WG since it was formed four years ago, and as a participant 
in work done in CAT prior to that.  In that time we've seen completion of 
some key pieces of work, including a complete revision of the Kerberos 
specification, which is expected to be approved by the IESG quite soon.  I 
am sure I speak for everyone when I say that your contribution in the role 
of chair will be missed.  However, I hope you will continue to participate 
in any way you can.

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <[email-masked]>
   Co-chair, IETF Kerberos Working Group
   Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsburgh, PA