Subject: [psg.com #527] PKINIT 035 - Wrap CMS objects in octet-strings? (fwd)

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 18:22:51 -0400

This apparently never made it to the WG mailing list.
So I'll extend the deadline to the close of business Tuesday, Sep 21.

-- Jeff

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: Friday, September 17, 2004 01:30:08 +0000
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [psg.com #527] PKINIT 035 - Wrap CMS objects in octet-strings?

> Nonetheless, it was agreed at the San Diego meeting that CMS objects in
> PKINIT _will_ be wrapped in IMPLICIT OCTET-STRING to make implementation
> easier.

So, this appeared here, in the meeting summary and minutes, and in my
message of 25-Aug-2004 titles "Resolving DER vs BER".  I have so far
seen no objections to this.  If I still haven't seen any objections by
the end of business Friday (US/Eastern, UTC-4), I will declare this a WG
concensus and pass this on to Brian so he can update the document to
reflect this.

-- Jeff

---------- End Forwarded Message ----------

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:06:00 -0400

> So I'll extend the deadline to the close of business Tuesday, Sep 21.

Well, here it is, Tuesday, Sep 21, and I've seen no comments on this at 
all.  Given the amount of discussion it received previously, I can 
therefore only conclude that there is concencus within the working group to 
proceed with this change.

-- Jeff