Subject: PKINIT open issues

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:10:17 -0400

The latest draft resolves quite a few issues in PKINIT, including some of 
the most contentious ones.  I believe we are now very close to finishing 
this work, or at least having it ready for last call.

Below is a list of all of the open issues I have for PKINIT.  This list is 
taken directly from the set of open tickets at https://rt.psg.com/rt/

These are under discussion, or should be:
  526  PKINIT 034 - Love #7 - subjectAltName/OtherName issues
  512  PKINIT 020 - Unauthenticated plaintext

These are waiting for people to submit text:
  516  PKINIT 024 - cname mapping proposal                     lzhu
  507  PKINIT 015 - Indicating PKINIT support                  hartmans

This needs people to verify that it is done:
  529  PKINIT 037 - ASN.1 module inconsistency

These still require editorial changes in the next version:
  522  PKINIT 030 - Love #1 - What key should the reply be
  530  PKINIT 038 - DH groups selection
  612  algorithm OID for AES
  509  PKINIT 017 - DH key derivation

This will be done last, and it's still not "last" yet:
  501  PKINIT 009 - Update PA types

In addition, I will be checking pkinit-21 against the ID checklist, and 
submitting tickets for any problems I find.  These should largely be 
editorial issues.

Let's see if we can get the remaining issues resolved so that pkinit-22 
will be ready for last call...

-- Jeff