Subject: Protocol Action: 'The Kerberos Network Authentication Service (V5)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:58:28 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The Kerberos Network Authentication Service (V5) '
   <draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-clarifications-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Kerberos WG Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Russ Housley and Steve Bellovin.

Technical Summary

  Once published, this document will obsolete RFC 1510.  The document
  provides an overview and specification of Version 5 of the Kerberos
  protocol.  The document clarifies aspects of the protocol and its
  intended use that require more detailed or clearer explanation than
  was provided in RFC 1510.  The document is intended to provide a
  detailed description of the protocol, suitable for implementation,
  together with descriptions of the appropriate use of protocol messages
  and fields within those messages.

Working Group Summary

  The KRB-WG Working Group came to consensus on this document.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russell Housley for the IESG.