Subject: PKINIT open issues

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 18:52:36 -0500

As of today, there are nine open tickets on PKINIT which must be resolved 
before I can issue a WGLC on this document.

Of those nine tickets, exactly one requires actual discussion by this 
working group before the issue can be resolved:

  516 	PKINIT 024 - cname mapping proposal

Since I expect this to be noncontroversial, I've asked the editors to go 
ahead and include this text if there are no objections by Friday, in the 
interest of avoiding another round trip to the I-D repository.  However, I 
still need to see discussion and a consensus, and if there is no consensus 
to include this text, we'll have to pull it out.

Seven of those tickets relate to editorial issues or issues on which the WG 
has already reached a consensus.  All of these will be resolved with the 
next version of the document; most have already been fixed by the editors 
in their copy:

  507   PKINIT 015 - Indicating PKINIT support
  509 	PKINIT 017 - DH key derivation
  522 	PKINIT 030 - Love #1 - What key should the reply be enveloped...
  529 	PKINIT 037 - ASN.1 module inconsistency
  530 	PKINIT 038 - DH groups selection
  612 	algorithm OID for AES
  674 	PKINIT checksum negotiation

One ticket cannot be resolved until Cliff issues the new PA type numbers. 
I have asked the editors to contact him about this, and to try to get the 
new numbers into pkinit-22.

  501 	PKINIT 009 - Update PA types

In addition to the tickets listed above, Love sent a message a couple of 
weeks ago which listed a total of 13 different points, numbered L21.1 
through L21.13.  Quite a lot of these were editorial in nature; changes to 
address those have been made and will appear in pkinit-22.  Some will 
require additional discussion; I'm currently waiting for a list from Brian 
of which of the L21.* items he does not think he has already resolved.

-- Jeff