Subject: GSS-API mechanism extensions

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 11:42:57 -0500

This was mentioned briefly in the meeting, and is recorded in the minutes 
but I thought I'd call it out separately as well, to make sure no one is 
left out...

Nico has two documents which describe extensions to the Kerberos GSS-API 
mechanism, to add support for some GSS-API extensions which are currently 
being worked on in KITTEN.  One of these adds support for domain-based 
service names, and the other adds a PRF at the GSS-API layer, which can be 
used by applications which need help from GSS-API in generating keying 
material.

Nico's documents are directly relevant to both the Kerberos GSS-API 
mechanism, which was updated in this group, and to ongoing work on GSS-API 
extensions, which fall under the charter of KITTEN.  Thus, this work could 
fall under the charter of either group, but Jeff and I consider it 
important to keep the discussion in one place so that it remains coherent.

So, discussion of these documents will take place on the KITTEN mailing 
list, [email-masked].  When the work is complete, the resulting documents 
will undergo a simultaneous last call in both working groups.

If anyone is interested in these documents but not participating in the 
rest of KITTEN's work, and thinks this will become a problem, please let me 
know.

-- Jeff