Subject: krb-wg @ IETF62 - Please Participate

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:21:38 -0500

The Kerberos WG meeting will occur this Wednesday, 9:00-11:30 Central time.
I would like to encourage folks to participate in the meeting, even if you 
are unable to attend in person.  As usual, a Jabber chat room will be 
available so that folks not present in person can follow along and 
contribute.  Information on joining the chat room is available at

          http://www.xmpp.org/ietf-chat.html

In addition, there will be a one-way MP3 audio stream available, allowing 
remote participants to hear everything that goes on during the meeting. 
Information on the audio feed is appended to the end of this message.  We 
will be meeting in the 'Rochester' room, which is currently channel 7.

I will try to make the agenda and presentation slides available on the 
working group web page at http://grand.central.org/krb-wg/ by the time the 
meeting starts.  To this end, and to help the meeting run more smoothly, I 
would like to receive slides from all presenters by 10pm tonight (please 
let me know if you need more time).

-- Jeff

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: MP3 audio streaming for IETF 62
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 06:04:33 -0800

Just to recap:

IETF 62 inagurates a new streaming effort. Instead of covering only two
rooms it is our intention to cover all eight. Instead of multicast video
delivery, unicast audio-only. It is our hope that this new effort will
provide more useful timely and accessible access to the proceedings of the
IETF as they happen. An internet draft decribing what the effort is
intended to do, and the efforts up to this point is available at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jaeggli-ietftv-ng-00.txt

Streams are delivered as 64Kb/s unicast-http-streamed mp3 audio, a popular
and relativly standard way to deliver internet radio. Most platforms
should have a client immediatly available (windows media player,
quicktime, real, winamp, vlc, mplayer, zinf etc) capable of playing back
the stream.

Information on getting access to the streams is available from the
webpage located at:

http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf62.html

Streaming begins March 7th 0900 CST 1500 GMT

Regards
Joel Jaeggli

-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       [email-masked]
GPG Key Fingerprint:     5C6E 0104 BAF0 40B0 5BD3 C38B F000 35AB B67F 56B2