Subject: RE: DRAFT agenda for krb-wg at IETF 63

From: "Liqiang(Larry) Zhu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 10:30:28 -0700

I would request the working group to review -06. I do not think we have
significant open issues in -06.  

Most importantly, the milestone for WGLC on the referral ID is August
2005. 

With most of issues in PKINIT closed or being closed, I would like to
bring this ID to the attention of the working group. It is time to get
it done!

-- Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jeffrey
Hutzelman
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2005 9:51 AM
To: Liqiang(Larry) Zhu
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: DRAFT agenda for krb-wg at IETF 63

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Liqiang(Larry) Zhu wrote:

> please add the referral draft into the agenda. thanks. the current
> version -06 contains descriptions how the nt-enterprise name is used
> in X.509 certificates for PKINIT. JK and I will both be present but JK
> will handle the presentation and/or technical discussion for this ID.

We're trying to avoid pure presentations.
Is there an open question here?  IF so, please bring it up on the list
first, so everyone can become familiar with the issue.  If we can't
resolve the issue on the list, we can spend meeting time discussing it.

Yes, this is a departure from how we've handled previous meetings, and
no,
I'm not picking on Larry or on this draft.  There has been quite a bit
of
discussion on the WG chairs list lately about making effective use of
scarce face-to-face meeting time.  While we're not as bad as some groups
apparently are, we've been spending an awful lot of meeting time on
presentations of material which people could have learned by reading the
drafts before attending the meeting.  In some cases, this has gotten to
the point where we've deferred technical discussion to the mailing list
in
order to have enough time to get through the presentations.  That's
backward, and I'd prefer to avoid that problem in the future...

-- Jeff

---

From: "Jeffrey Hutzelman" <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Jul 2005 16:56:00 -0400

Great.  Does anyone care to comment on this document?

-----Original Message-----
From: "Liqiang\(Larry\) Zhu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Monday, Jul 18, 2005 1:31 pm
Subject: RE: DRAFT agenda for krb-wg at IETF 63

I would request the working group to review -06. I do not think we have significant open issues in -06. Most importantly, the milestone for WGLC on the referral ID is August
2005.
With most of issues in PKINIT closed or being closed, I would like to bring this ID to the attention of the working group. It is time to get it done!

-- Larry

-----Original Message-----

We're trying to avoid pure presentations.
Is there an open question here?  IF so, please bring it up on the list first, so everyone can become familiar with the issue.  If we can't
resolve the issue on the list, we can spend meeting time discussing it.

Yes, this is a departure from how we've handled previous meetings, and no,
I'm not picking on Larry or on this draft.  There has been quite a bit of
discussion on the WG chairs list lately about making effective use of scarce face-to-face meeting time.  While we're not as bad as some groups apparently are, we've been spending an awful lot of meeting time on
presentations of material which people could have learned by reading the drafts before attending the meeting.  In some cases, this has gotten to the point where we've deferred technical discussion to the mailing list in
order to have enough time to get through the presentations.  That's
backward, and I'd prefer to avoid that problem in the future...

-- Jeff