Subject: Re: krb-wg interim meeting in September 2005

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 07:35:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005, Love Hörnquist Åstrand wrote:

>
> Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> >> I'd like to schedule the necessary work to get a test matrix together
> >> to advance RFC 3961, 3962, 4120 and 4121 to draft standard.  (The last
> >> two are clarifications and CFX--CFX probably can't advance right now
> >> because of GSS base and 1964).
> >>
> >> I believe that doing this work in the context of an WG meeting would
> >> be appropriate.  I believe the work needs to get done.
> >>
> >>
> >> I also think having this along side a dedicated large chunk of time
> >> where we could actually test to see if we all meet the test matrix
> >> would be wonderful.
> >>
> >> --Sam
> >
> > Sam and Larry:
> >
> > I think this is a perfect justification for holding an interim meeting.
> > I plan to attend.
>
> Having a interim meeting for this seems like a fine idea.

Based on these comments, I've asked to schedule an interim meeting for
September 19-20, 2005 at Microsoft.  The agenda will focus primarily on
preparations for advancing the documents we've just completed to draft
standard.  Depending on what happens in Paris, we may end up deciding we
need to spend some time on kerberos-extensions as well.  I expect we
should have agreement on the exact agenda for this meeting by shortly
after the Paris meeting.

My understanding is that Microsoft will be setting aside some time later
in the week to facilitate interoperability testing based on a test martrix
expected to be developed during the interim meeting.

-- Jeff