Subject: RE: pk-init DH

From: "Liqiang(Larry) Zhu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:12:18 -0700

Here is the text in -26:
    
    When DH keys are reused, let n_c be the clientDHNonce, and n_k be
      the serverDHNonce; otherwise, let both n_c and n_k be empty octet
      strings.

This means if the client sends n_c but the server does not want to reuse DH, the client nonce is not included in octetstring2key().

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Love Hörnquist Åstrand
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 9:55 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: pk-init DH

* The DH octetstring2key function is missing test vectors.

* If the client sends n_c but the server doesn't support/want to reuse DH
  keys, will it be included in k = octetstring2key(DHSharedSecret | n_c |
  n_k) function ? As I read (the second) 4. in "3.2.3.1 Using
  Diffie-Hellman Key Exchange" I would say it wont be, please clarify.

Love