Subject: DRAFT agenda for krb-wg at IETF 63

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:09:38 -0400 (EDT)

Based on my previous call for agenda topics, plus the current work before
the group, I have developed the following draft agenda for our meeting at
IETF63.  Regular participants will note that the format differs somewhat
from our previous meetings; in this agenda, the majority of the time is
given over to "technical discussion", whihc I expect to be exactly that.

I'll be out of town for a while, and the agenda submission deadline is
next Monday.  Jeff Altman has agreed to mediate agenda-related discussion,
and to submit the final agenda before the deadline.

-- Jeff

Kerberos WG (krb-wg)

DAY, MONTH DD at HHHH-HHHH
====================================

Chair(s):
Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

Preliminaries - Jeffrey Hutzelman (5 min)
  - Introduction
  - Blue Sheets
  - Scribe, Jabber
  - Agenda Bashing

Document Status - Jeffrey Hutzelman (5 min)
  - Clarifications (RFC4120)
  - GSSAPI (RFC4121)
  - PKINIT (draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-init-27.txt)
  - OCSP (draft-ietf-krb-wg-ocsp-for-pkinit-06.txt)
  - Enctype Negotiation (draft-zhu-kerb-enctype-nego-03.txt)

Technical Discussion (90 min)
  - PKINIT Issue - Binding requests and replies (Andre Scedrov, UPenn)
  - Set/Change PW Issues (Nico Williams, Sun Microsystems (via jabber?))
  - Kerberos Extensions

Update Milestones - Chair and Participants (10 min)

---

From: "Liqiang(Larry) Zhu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 08:38:21 -0700

please add the referral draft  into the agenda. thanks. the current version -06 contains descriptions how the nt-enterprise name is used in X.509 certificates for PKINIT. JK and I will both be present but JK will handle the presentation and/or technical discussion for this ID.
 
-- Larry

________________________________

From: [email-masked] on behalf of Jeffrey Hutzelman
Sent: Mon 7/18/2005 6:09 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: DRAFT agenda for krb-wg at IETF 63

-- Jeff

Kerberos WG (krb-wg)

Chair(s):

AGENDA:

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 12:50:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Liqiang(Larry) Zhu wrote:

> please add the referral draft into the agenda. thanks. the current
> version -06 contains descriptions how the nt-enterprise name is used
> in X.509 certificates for PKINIT. JK and I will both be present but JK
> will handle the presentation and/or technical discussion for this ID.

We're trying to avoid pure presentations.
Is there an open question here?  IF so, please bring it up on the list
first, so everyone can become familiar with the issue.  If we can't
resolve the issue on the list, we can spend meeting time discussing it.

Yes, this is a departure from how we've handled previous meetings, and no,
I'm not picking on Larry or on this draft.  There has been quite a bit of
discussion on the WG chairs list lately about making effective use of
scarce face-to-face meeting time.  While we're not as bad as some groups
apparently are, we've been spending an awful lot of meeting time on
presentations of material which people could have learned by reading the
drafts before attending the meeting.  In some cases, this has gotten to
the point where we've deferred technical discussion to the mailing list in
order to have enough time to get through the presentations.  That's
backward, and I'd prefer to avoid that problem in the future...

-- Jeff

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:58:59 -0400

Hi.  I had asked for some time to discuss some concerns I had about
extensions.  I will try and write up those concerns early next week
and definitely will have slides ready by the working group meeting if
I'm given time.

---

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:04:46 -0400

> and definitely will have slides ready by the working group meeting if

Sam:

There is 90 minutes allocated for technical discussion including
Extensions.   Are you seeking time beyond the 90 minutes?

Will it be possible for you to post your concerns to the list
prior to the meeting so that attendees will be able to come to
the meeting after having time to consider them?

Jeffrey Altman

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:19:50 -0400

>>>>> "Jeffrey" == Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]> writes:

    Jeffrey> Sam Hartman wrote:
    >> Hi.  I had asked for some time to discuss some concerns I had
    >> about extensions.  I will try and write up those concerns early
    >> next week and definitely will have slides ready by the working
    >> group meeting if I'm given time.

    Jeffrey> Sam:

    Jeffrey> There is 90 minutes allocated for technical discussion
    Jeffrey> including Extensions.  Are you seeking time beyond the 90
    Jeffrey> minutes?

no.  I didn't see how much was allocated.

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 03:32:20 -0400 (EDT)

> and definitely will have slides ready by the working group meeting if

I intended to hold that discussion under the "extensions" item already on
the agenda.  So yes, you'll have time.