Subject: Mailing list comments

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:06:12 -0600

On 11/28 the note:

Subject: Re: PKINIT-30 editorial changes
From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 22:20:36 -0500
To: [email-masked]

was rejected by a Microsfto spam filter and 19 people at Microsoft
may not have received the note.

<[email-masked]> (expanded from <[email-masked]>): host
     mailb.microsoft.com[131.107.3.123] said: 550 5.7.1 <Your e-mail was
     rejected by an anti-spam content filter on gateway (131.107.3.123).Reasons
     for rejection may be: obscene language, graphics, or spam-like
     characteristics. Removing these may let the e-mail through the filter.> (in
     reply to end of DATA command)

There are still two people who have some mail rejected at their site because
of the hop count:
    <[email-masked]>
    <[email-masked]>

Hops are added by spam filters at the sender, mail list and the user's site.
In some cases there are as many as 27 hops. These messages usually originate
from Microsoft. Their mail systems appear to have 25 hops as the max.

-- 

  Douglas E. Engert  <[email-masked]>
  Argonne National Laboratory
  9700 South Cass Avenue
  Argonne, Illinois  60439
  (630) 252-5444