Subject: Password set and change fail over to TCP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:57:19 -0500

Anybody have an answer to this?

I have been looking for a specification to define the fail over from UDP to
TCP when setting
or changing the kerberos password.

I have found no definition when or if this should be done.

What I am looking for is something along the lines of what is done for
AS/TGS request/replies.

KRB5_KDC_RESPONSE_TOO_BIG

Ron

---------------------
[email-masked]
EMC² NAS Engineering
---------------------

---

From: Ken Hornstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:14:44 -0500

>TCP when setting or changing the kerberos password.
>

I don't think this is specified anywhere.  I believe given the way things
are TCP is a vastly preferred protocol for password changing; in practice
UDP has a lot of issues when doing password changing.  This isn't
nearly as big of an issue in terms of talking to the KDC.

Personally, if I was writing client code today, I would always try TCP
first; if I get ECONNREFUSED, I would then fall back to UDP.

--Ken