Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-krb-wg-anon-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Kerberos WG Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Anonymity Support for Kerberos
	Author(s)	: L. Zhu, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-krb-wg-anon-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2006-7-17
	
This document defines the use of anonymous Kerberos tickets for the
   purpose of authenticating the servers and enabling secure
   communication between a client and a server, without identifying the
   client to the server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-anon-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-krb-wg-anon-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-anon-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Liqiang(Larry) Zhu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 02:12:17 -0700

I have some more details: 

1) if the client in the AS request is anonymous, the request-anonymous
KDC option MUST be set in the
   request.

2) the singuare verification steps should be skiped.

 > The
>    signerInfos field of the SignedData [RFC3852] in the anonymous
PKINIT
>    request contains an empty collection of per-signer information and
no
>    client certificate.  Upon receiving the anonymous PKINIT request,
the
>    KDC skips the signature verification process described in Section
>    3.2.2 of [RFC4556], and does not authenticate the anonymous client.
>    Given that the anonymous client does not use a public key, only the
>    Diffie-Hellman key delivery method described in Section 3.2.3.1 of
>    [RFC4556] is allowed.  An anonymous PKINIT client can authenticate
>    the KDC based on the KDC certificate.  For TGS exchange, the reply
>    key is selected according to Section 3.3.3 of [RFC4120] as normal. 

With the diffs:

<    PA-TGS-REQ [RFC4120] is anonymous, the request-anonymous KDC option
<    MUST be set in the request.
---
>    PA-TGS-REQ [RFC4120] is anonymous, or if the client in the AS
request
>    is anonymous, the request-anonymous KDC option MUST be set in the
>    request.

291,294c292,302
<    example, can be used in conjunction with PKINIT [RFC4556].  An
<    anonymous PKINIT client can authenticate the KDC based on the KDC
<    certificate.  For TGS exchange, the reply key is selected according
<    to Section 3.3.3 of [RFC4120] as normal.
---
>    example, can be used in conjunction with PKINIT [RFC4556].  The
>    signerInfos field of the SignedData [RFC3852] in the anonymous
PKINIT
>    request contains an empty collection of per-signer information and
no
>    client certificate.  Upon receiving the anonymous PKINIT request,
the
>    KDC skips the signature verification process described in Section
>    3.2.2 of [RFC4556], and does not authenticate the anonymous client.
>    Given that the anonymous client does not use a public key, only the
>    Diffie-Hellman key delivery method described in Section 3.2.3.1 of
>    [RFC4556] is allowed.  An anonymous PKINIT client can authenticate
>    the KDC based on the KDC certificate.  For TGS exchange, the reply
>    key is selected according to Section 3.3.3 of [RFC4120] as normal.
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Liqiang(Larry)
Zhu
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 1:27 AM
To: Clifford Neuman
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-krb-wg-anon-01.txt 

W.r.t anonymous PKINIT, the following sentence should have been added
into section 4:

   The signerInfos field of the SignedData [RFC3852] in the anonymous
PKINIT
   request contains an empty collection of per-signer information.

Here is the diff output for the above:

<    example, can be used in conjunction with PKINIT [RFC4556].  An
---
>    example, can be used in conjunction with PKINIT [RFC4556].  The
>    signerInfos field of the SignedData [RFC3852] in the anonymous
PKINIT
>    request contains an empty collection of per-signer information.  An

Please comment on if this revision have addressed all the concerns.
Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 12:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-krb-wg-anon-01.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Kerberos WG Working Group of the IETF.

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-krb-wg-anon-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers

---

From: "Liqiang(Larry) Zhu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 01:27:10 -0700

PKINIT

-----Original Message-----

	

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type: