Subject: New OTP-Kerberos draft published

From: "Richards, Gareth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 17:07:37 +0100

I recently published an update to the OTP-Kerberos I-D that we presented
in Montreal.  In it we have tried to cover the issues that were raised
on the mailing list.  

The main changes are:
- Key generation now uses the functions defined in RFC3961
- The proposal now also supports OTPs that cannot be used in key
generation (non-KG)
- Stateless clients are supported through the use of the Kerberos
password in the key generation
- Support for synchronization has been added.

I would like to thank the group for the feedback during the presentation
and subsequently on list.

Gareth Richards

================================================================
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: OTP Kerberos
	Author(s)	: G. Richards
	Filename	: draft-richards-otp-kerberos-01.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2006-10-11
	
The Kerberos protocol provides a framework authenticating a client
   using the exchange of pre-authentication data.  This document
   describes the use of this framework to carry out One Time Password
   (OTP) authentication.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-richards-otp-kerberos-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
i-d-announce-request at ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body
of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-richards-otp-kerberos-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-richards-otp-kerberos-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-richards-otp-kerberos-01.txt>