Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-krb-wg-pkinit-alg-agility-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:50:07 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Kerberos Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: PK-INIT algorithm agility
	Author(s)	: L. Hornquist Astrand, L. Zhu
	Filename	: draft-ietf-krb-wg-pkinit-alg-agility-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2006-10-26
	
The PK-INIT protocol have in several places hard coded crypto
   algorithms.  The protocol specification needs to be updated so it can
   support negotiation to upgrading to newer versions of crypto
   algorithms.  This document addresses this issue.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-pkinit-alg-agility-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-krb-wg-pkinit-alg-agility-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-pkinit-alg-agility-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 17:00:40 -0400

> 	Filename	: draft-ietf-krb-wg-pkinit-alg-agility-01.txt

I talked to Love last week, and he hasn't gotten nearly enough comments on 
this document.  In fact, given things he knows were wrong in -00 combined 
with the complete lack of comments, it's not clear anyone has even _read_ 
the document.

We're supposed to send this to the IESG next month.  We can't do that if no 
one has read it.  Please, read and comment.

-- Jeff