Subject: KRB-WG session summary for IETF67

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 16:06:14 -0500 (EST)

Kerberos Working Group - IETF 67 meeting summary

ACTION ITEMS:
  * jhutz: send tcp-expansion to IESG
  * jhutz: start WGLC on set/change password
  * jhutz: start WGLC on naming, anonymous
  * jhutz, hartmans: refine charter proposal

DECISIONS (to be validated):
  - KDC needs to signal to clients whether to use unicode or legacy
    encoding for string2key in cases where preauth is used.  Need to
    discuss on the list how to do this.

SESSION SUMMARY:

+ There was a summary of ongoing work, related work outside the WG,
  and proposed new work items.

+ Tom Yu gave a presentation on the goals for kerberos-extensions, then
  led a discussion about open issues in that document.

+ Jeff Hutzelman presented a proposal for an updated charter.  There was
  very little discussion.  Sam said he wants us to agree on a charter before
  submitting our next agenda request (i.e. for IETF68).