Subject: LDAP schema?

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 18:27:30 -0400

At our meeting in Prague, we discussed Leif's work on a Kerberos data 
model, and the question as to whether we should pick it up as a work item, 
along with development of an LDAP schema for Kerberos administration. 
There was general agreement that these go together, and the real question 
is whether we want to do the schema work.

There was a lot of discussion on that question, and no clear answer.  A 
number of people supported such work, but others felt that the existing 
implementation-dependent protocols were adequate and that LDAP schema work 
at this time would be unnecessary and/or ineffective.

I would like to see discussion from the working group on whether this item 
should be included in our charter.  I would especially like to hear from 
people who would be interested in working on this (contributing text, 
editing documents, reviewing, etc) if it is adopted as a work item.

I'm going to include this item in the charter proposal I send later this 
week, with the understanding that it will be dropped unless there are both 
a consensus within the WG to include it and one or more volunteers to work 
on it.

-- Jeff