Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] review draft-ietf-krb-wg-cross-problem-statement-01.txt

From: Love Hörnquist Åstrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 08:22:20 -0800

Hello, thanks for pushing this work forward

Given the sample senario i 3, 4 ends up with a given set of  
requirements. I think this is missing some other requirements that the  
cross realm case also should handle. One such extra requirement might  
be that the the new system should not require changes to existing  
deployed client code-base.

The section 6 list of requirement that might be connected to this, but  
its never explained why they are introduced.

The reason why I question this is that I can see the solution a bit  
diffrent where the pkcross looks more like the regular tgs service and  
the introduction of a new resolver-tgs service that does all work for  
the client in the cross realm case.

Love

_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg

---

From: Shoichi Sakane <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:15:36 +0900

Hi Love,

> deployed client code-base.

I would like to add a text of the requirement to a client into section 6.

> its never explained why they are introduced.

When I talked with Jeff, Ken, Larry, Nico, Tom and you at the
Montreal IETF meeting, I felt that they did not want to introduce
any burden to a KDC after any solution would be adopted.
I basically aggreed with that.  The section 6 is described this
requirement as the implementation consideration.  But, I agree with you.
There is no description of the reason.  So how about adding the following
description ?

   Because a KDC is a significant server of the Kerberos system.
   new burden should not be introduced into a KDC as much as possible.
   The solution should not require new changes to existing deployed
   clients.  It should not influence the client code-base
   as much as possible.
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg