Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-krb-wg-preauth-framework-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 19:00:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Kerberos Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Generalized Framework for Kerberos Pre-Authentication
	Author(s)       : L. Zhu, S. hartman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-krb-wg-preauth-framework-07.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2008-02-24

Kerberos is a protocol for verifying the identity of principals
(e.g., a workstation user or a network server) on an open network.
The Kerberos protocol provides a mechanism called pre-authentication
for proving the identity of a principal and for better protecting the
long-term secret of the principal.

This document describes a model for Kerberos pre-authentication
mechanisms.  The model describes what state in the Kerberos request a
pre-authentication mechanism is likely to change.  It also describes
how multiple pre-authentication mechanisms used in the same request
will interact.

This document also provides common tools needed by multiple pre-
authentication mechanisms.  One of these tools is a secure channel
between the client and the KDC with a reply key delivery mechanism;
this secure channel can be used to protect the authentication
exchange thus eliminate offline dictionary attacks.  With these
tools, it is relatively straightforward to chain multiple
authentication mechanisms, utilize a different key management system,
or support a new key agreement algorithm.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-preauth-framework-07.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-krb-wg-preauth-framework-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-preauth-framework-07.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 23:04:25 -0500

Hi, folks.  I've submitted a new version of the preauth framework
draft.  It had expired and I wanted to make some progress closing out
issues.  I was in sort of a hurry, so Larry has not had a chance to
look at this version.
All errors are mine.

I've tried to close out the open issues we discussde at IETF 69 and
70.  I've made some progress but there is still some work to do.

--Sam