Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] CONSENSUS CALL: requesting partially-anonymous creds in GSS-API

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 14:50:07 -0600

Prior to this week's meeting, we had one remaining open issue on anonymous, 
which was the question of whether to define a standard means for GSS-API 
initiators to request the use of so-called "partially-anonymous" 
credentials, in which the client realm is given but not the client 
principal name (more precisely, the client principal name is given as 
"WELLKNOWN/ANONYMOUS").

We discussed this issue at the meeting, and the sense of the room seemed to 
be that we should _not_ standardize such an interface now, but instead 
leave it up to implementations to define one if desired, as well as leaving 
open the possibility of standardizing such an interface in the future.

I am now beginning a consensus call to validate that decision.  This call 
will run until 23:59 EDT on Monday, Dec 1, 2008, which is slightly over a 
week.  Please respond by then, or let me know if there is some reason you 
need more time.

If the decision is validated, I will ask Larry to submit a "final" version 
of the document reflecting this decision, and then I will start a WGLC on 
the full document as soon as it appears in the I-D repository.

-- Jeff
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 15:50:45 -0600

> week.  Please respond by then, or let me know if there is some reason you

Correction: since the US/Eastern time zone is in fact not observing 
daylight savings time, the consensus call will end at 23:59 EST, not EDT. 
US/Eastern is UTC-5, so the end time is 2008-12-02 0459Z.

-- Jeff