Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] checksum size conflicts

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:56:46 +0900

Hello all,

My name is Hiroki Endo. Now I work on the development of KINK conformance
tester in TAHI Project.
I report a conflict of checksum size between RFC3961 and RFC3962.

Regarding checksum size of hmac-sha1-96-aes256 and hmac-sha1-96-aes128,
both RFCs says different checksum size. RFC3961 says 20 octets, but RFC3962
says 12 octets. The name implys 12 octets.

IANA also says 20 octets, but refers to RFC3962 (12 octets).
<http://www.iana.org/assignments/kerberos-parameters/>

>From the point of view of implementation, both Heimdal and MIT Kerberos
libraries return 12 octets checksum.
I tryed searching this issue in errata and mailing lists. But I could not
find it.

I think RFC3962 (12 octets) is right.	
To avoid misunderstanding and mis-implementation, we need to correct
IANA registry and errata should be published.
How do you think?

Best Regards,
--
Hiroki ENDO
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg