Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] New whitepaper on Kerberos-on-the-Web

From: "Thomas Hardjono" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 14:11:21 -0500

MIT-KC publishes new whitepaper on Kerberos-on-the-Web.

One of the major goals of the MIT-KC is to establish Kerberos as a
ubiquitous authentication mechanism on the Internet and also to make
Kerberos appropriate for new environments. One of the key efforts within the
MIT-KC directed at this goal is the Kerberos-on-the-Web (Kerb-Web) project.

The Kerberos-on-the-web project seeks initially to investigate the various
aspects of the development and deployment of Kerberos within the Web space.
This includes, among others:

(a) the use of the Kerberos authentication paradigm within the context of
web-authentication and web-services security,

(b) the possible architecture integration and interactions between the
Kerberos infrastructure and web-services security infrastructure,

(c) the possible enhancements of the Kerberos authentication protocol and
Kerberos token in order to address the requirements for Single-Sign-On (SSO)
on the Web and Web Identity Federation, and

(d) the potential re-use of existing Kerberos infrastructure investments in
enterprises and other organizations to support the deployment of
Kerberos-on-the-Web solutions.

In order to provide a starting point and context for discussions going
forward regarding Kerberos-on-the-web, the MIT-KC has published a whitepaper
on this topic.  The whitepaper can be found in the following location:

http://kerberos.org/software/kerbweb.pdf

The MIT-KC would appreciate your inputs and comments regarding this
whitepaper, and also your suggestions and recommendations more broadly
regarding the Kerberos-on-the-Web project.

Regards.

Thomas Hardjono

 

__________________________________________

Thomas Hardjono

MIT Kerberos Consortium

Massachusetts Institute of Technology

77 Massachusetts Ave W92-152

Cambridge, MA 02139

email:  hardjono[at]mit.edu

web:    http://www.kerberos.org

mobile: +1 781.729.9559

__________________________________________

_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg

---

From: "Thomas Hardjono" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 11:01:17 -0500

In order to provide a starting point and context for discussions going
forward regarding Kerberos-on-the-web, the MIT-KC has issued a new
publication entitled "Towards Kerberizing Web Identity and Services". This
publication can be found in the following location:

The MIT-KC is seeking feedback and input specifically on this publication.
These can be addressed to the MIT-KC strategic advisor ([email-masked]),
addressed to the authors of the publication and/or posted to the new
mitkc-web mailing-list (see below).

Additionally, as an accompaniment to this new publication the MIT-KC has
created a new mailing-list dedicated to Kerberos-on-the-Web. This
mailing-list aims to be an open venue where issues and challenges in
bringing Kerberos to the Web can be discussed.

http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/mitkc-web

------------------------------------------------------------