Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] Kerberos integration with MashSSL available as GPL

From: Ravi Ganesan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 14:18:00 -0800

Hi All,

I had posted to this list a while back describing a new effort in the works
to standardize a multi-party, application level SSL protocol called MashSSL
(can also be used for two party app level SSL). As an update:

- The protocol is now in Verision 1.2.0.open released under the W3C royalty
free guidelines as well as the Open Web Foundation IPR.

- This spec is being worked on in the W3C MashSSL
XG<http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/MashSSL/>
(Thomas Hardjono represents the MIT Kerberos Foundation in the XG).

- There is a group called the MashSSL Alliance
<http://www.mashssl.org>which seeks to evangelize the standard. MIT
Kerberos Foundation is a
founding member of the alliance. As a key goal is to build in Kerberos from
the beginning, we welcome support from you (costs nothing to join, no
obligations, just an expression of support really).

- Software implementing MashSSL, including a Gateway that uses SPNEGO to
allow Kerberos authentication cross domain can be found at
http://www.safemashups.com/software_downloads.html. All the two sites need
is willingness to trust each other's SSL certs (or common root). The
software is currently released under a combination of GPL and Free BSD.
Hope  you find it useful

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Ravi Ganesan
[email-masked]
www.findravi.com
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg