Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] 3 editorial changes and one clarification based on draft-ietf-krb-wg-preauth-framework-15.txt

From: Larry Zhu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 10:26:57 +0000

I would like to request permissions from the working group to make the following changes based on -15.

we have 3 editorial issues to be address by the proposed changes below:

1)  on page 26, replace OLD:

   The TGS MUST reject a request if there is an AD-fx-fast-armor (TBD)

  With NEW

  The TGS MUST reject a request if there is an AD-fx-fast-armor(76)

2) on page 27, replace OLD:

   advertisement of pa-fx-fast with an empty pa-value.  Clients MUST

  with NEW:

  advertisement of PA-FX-FAST with an empty pa-value.  Clients MUST

3) on page 31, replace OLD

  typically includes only the PA-FX- FAST-REPLY padata

with NEW:

  typically includes only the PA-FX-FAST-REPLY padata

In addition, one page 31 it is not clearly spelled out how to fill out the strength-reply although arguably it was clear in the context. I would like to propose the following changes: 

replace OLD:

  The strengthen-key field provides a mechanism for the KDC to
   strengthen the reply key.  If set, the reply key is strengthened
   after all padata items are processed.  Let padata-reply-key be the
   reply key after padata processing.

With NEW:

   The strengthen-key field provides a mechanism for the KDC to
   strengthen the reply key.  If set, the strengthen-key value MUST be
   randomly generated to have the same etype as that of the reply key
   before being strengthened, and then the reply key is strengthened
   after all padata items are processed.  Let padata-reply-key be the
   reply key after padata processing. 

Thanks,

--Larry
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg