Subject: Re: [Ietf-krb-wg] review of assignments in draft-ietf-krb-wg-preauth-framework-15

From: Larry Zhu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 10:15:15 +0000

Thanks Tom. I have updated the registry in -16 to add the missing values. With regarding to the conflicts in the various values, we should consider the ones in the pre-auth framework as authoritative. 

--Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Tom Yu
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2009 12:29 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] review of assignments in draft-ietf-krb-wg-preauth-framework-15

I've done a quick check of the preauth and typed-data numbers that
we're about to turn over to IANA in
draft-ietf-krb-wg-preauth-framework-15 against the database that I
have been keeping.  There are only a few minor issues.  Are there any
volunteers to double-check my work?  I can give you a dump of database
if you like.

Missing, but we might not care:

patype|42|pa-as-req|1510ter|complete AS-REQ in padata||

Missing, and we should probably include:

tdtype|109|TD_DH_PARAMETERS|rfc4556 3.1.2|||
tdtype|111|TD-CMS-DIGEST-ALGORITHMS|draft-ietf-krb-wg-pkinit-alg-agility|||
tdtype|112|TD-CERT-DIGEST-ALGORITHMS|draft-ietf-krb-wg-pkinit-alg-agility|||

These conflict with FAST or MS-KILE, but have been dealt with in a
revised OTP draft:

patype|131|PA_OTP_CHALLENGE|draft-ietf-krb-wg-otp-preauth|||
patype|132|PA_OTP_REQUEST|draft-ietf-krb-wg-otp-preauth|||
patype|133|PA_OTP_CONFIRM|draft-ietf-krb-wg-otp-preauth|||
patype|134|PA_OTP_PIN_CHANGE|draft-ietf-krb-wg-otp-preauth|||

This conflicts with FAST, but Larry has made a new assignment (which
is not reflected in a published version of anon):

patype|135|PA_PKINIT_KX|draft-ietf-krb-wg-anon|||

This conflicts with FAST, but Larry has made a new assignment (which
is not reflected in a published version of pku2u):

patype|136|PA_PKU2U_NAME|draft-zhu-pku2u|||

These conflict with MS-KILE and FAST, but Larry has made new
assignments.  A recent snapshot of Heimdal has the new numbers, but I
haven't checked whether old Heimdal releases have the old numbers:

patype|130|pa-epak-as-req|reserved||lha external auth?|2
patype|137|pa-epak-as-rep|reserved||lha external auth?|
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg

_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg