Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] RFC 5868 on Problem Statement on the Cross-Realm Operation of Kerberos

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 17:45:29 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5868

        Title:      Problem Statement on the Cross-Realm 
                    Operation of Kerberos 
        Author:     S. Sakane, K. Kamada,
                    S. Zrelli, M. Ishiyama
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],   
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 30327
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-krb-wg-cross-problem-statement-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5868.txt

This document provides background information regarding large-scale
Kerberos deployments in the industrial sector, with the aim of
identifying issues in the current Kerberos cross-realm authentication
model as defined in RFC 4120.

This document describes some examples of actual large-scale industrial
systems, and lists requirements and restrictions regarding authentication
operations in such environments.  It also identifies a number of 
requirements derived from the industrial automation field.  Although they 
are found in the field of industrial automation, these requirements are 
general enough and are applicable to the problem of Kerberos cross-realm 
operations.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Kerberos WG Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg