Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] WG Last Call: draft-ietf-krb-wg-anon-11

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 22:06:02 -0400

This note announces the start of a two-week last call within the Kerberos
Working Group on whether to send the following document to the IESG:

Title:           Anonymity Support for Kerberos
Filename:        draft-ietf-krb-wg-anon-11.txt
Intended Status: Proposed Standard

   This document defines extensions to the Kerberos protocol to allow a
   Kerberos client to securely communicate with a Kerberos application
   service without revealing its identity, or without revealing more
   than its Kerberos realm.  It also defines extensions which allow a
   Kerberos client to obtain anonymous credentials without revealing its
   identity to the Kerberos Key Distribution Center (KDC).  This
   document updates RFC 4120, RFC 4121, and RFC 4556.

This last call will expire at 23:59 EDT on July 15, 2010.

Please review this document and send any comments to the Kerberos Working
Group mailing list, <[email-masked]>, by that date.  The file can be
obtained via

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-krb-wg-anon-11

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <[email-masked]>
   Co-Chair, IETF Kerberos Working Group
   Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsburgh, PA

_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 12:41:29 -0400

Hi.  I believe I've implemented support for fully anonymous principals
that complies fairly closely with draft-ietf-krb-wg-anon-11. I'm not
entirely sure about all the corner cases in the GSS-API behavior.

It would be good to getconfirmation from Tom about the flag changes.
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg

---

From: Tom Yu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 17:26:31 -0400

> It would be good to getconfirmation from Tom about the flag changes.

I confirm that ticketflag 16 and kdcoption 16 match my records.  There
appears to be a ticketflag 15 that I have recorded as used in the
preauth framework but I can't seem to find it in the current draft.

    ticketflag|15|||enc-pa-rep|draft-ietf-krb-wg-preauth-framework||||
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 19:21:30 -0400

>>>>> "Tom" == Tom Yu <[email-masked]> writes:

    Tom> I confirm that ticketflag 16 and kdcoption 16 match my records.
    Tom> There appears to be a ticketflag 15 that I have recorded as
    Tom> used in the preauth framework but I can't seem to find it in
    Tom> the current draft.

    Tom>     ticketflag|15|||enc-pa-rep|draft-ietf-krb-wg-preauth-framework||||

This is actually intended to go in the referrals draft.
Currently, the documentation for this flag is a note from Larry.
See  http://k5wiki.kerberos.org/wiki/Project/Fast_negotiation for some
details and pointers.

Clearly, that web page is inadequate documentation and definitely
inadequate standardization.
This working group should work on actually standardizing that flag.
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg