Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] Where is starttls?

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 12:42:34 -0400

Where in the process is starttls?  I don't think I've seen the IETF LC
yet.
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 13:57:13 -0400

> Where in the process is starttls?  I don't think I've seen the IETF LC

The IETF LC happened six months ago.
We are awaiting resolution of a DISCUSS held by Peter St. Andre, who look 
it over from Jari.  Once that issue is resolved and Peter's DISCUSS clears, 
the document will be approved and move into the RFC-Editor queue.

-- Jeff

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 12:03:44 -0600

On 7/2/10 11:57 AM, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
> We are awaiting resolution of a DISCUSS held by Peter St. Andre, who
> look it over from Jari.  Once that issue is resolved and Peter's DISCUSS
> clears, the document will be approved and move into the RFC-Editor queue.

Hmm, on June 24 I suggested some text to Simon regarding the meaning of
"long-term storage" and I'm waiting to hear if that text is workable.

The I-D currently has:

   Many client environments do not have secure long-term storage, which
   is required to validate certificates.  This makes it impossible to
   use server certificate validation on a large number of client
   systems.

I suggested:

   In order to safely validate certificates, a client needs access to
   secure long-term storage.  However, many client environments do not
   provide secure long-term storage (e.g., because the machine has been
   compromised).  This makes it impossible to use server certificate
   validation on a large number of client systems.

Sorry to have been holding this up over such a small point.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 15:27:12 -0400

>>>>> "Jeffrey" == Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]> writes:

    Jeffrey> --On Friday, July 02, 2010 12:42:34 PM -0400 Sam Hartman

> Where in the process is starttls?  I don't think I've seen the IETF LC

    Jeffrey> The IETF LC happened six months ago.  We are awaiting
    Jeffrey> resolution of a DISCUSS held by Peter St. Andre, who look
    Jeffrey> it over from Jari.  Once that issue is resolved and Peter's
    Jeffrey> DISCUSS clears, the document will be approved and move into
    Jeffrey> the RFC-Editor queue.

O, excellent.
Sorry to bother the WG then.
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg

---

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 10:45:02 +0200

> "long-term storage" and I'm waiting to hear if that text is workable.

It is vacation time, and I haven't caught up on all e-mails yet...

> Sorry to have been holding this up over such a small point.

I'm fine with this.  Do you want me to submit a new document?  It seems
like an editorial change to me, that could be fixed in AUTH48.

/Simon

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 11:04:01 -0600

> like an editorial change to me, that could be fixed in AUTH48.

Yes, we can handle this via an RFC Editor note. Tim can do that once
he's back online.

Thanks!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 11:58:16 -0600

> Yes, we can handle this via an RFC Editor note. Tim can do that once

And BTW I have cleared the DISCUSS.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 13:35:33 +0200

> And BTW I have cleared the DISCUSS.

I thank you!

/Simon