Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] camellia-cts-cmac expert review request

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 13:22:57 -0500 (EST)

I have uploaded a draft describing camellia128-cts-cmac and
camellia256-cts-cmac.  It's at:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hudson-camellia-cts/

The capsule summary is:

* CBC with CTS for encryption, same as AES.
* A NIST SP800-108 key derivation function; same {Kc,Ke,Ki}
  derivations as in the simplified profile.
* 128-bit CMAC for integrity tag and checksum.
* PBKDF2-HMAC-SHA1 for string-to-key, as with AES, with the enctype
  name as pepper.  Default number of iterations bumped to 32K (a
  factor of 8).  Final key derivation performed with the NIST KDF.

Based on the outcome of Jeff's consensus call, my expectation is that
this draft will be adopted by the working group and eventually
published as informational (although I would be happy to see consensus
form around standards-track).

I'm requesting Ken's expert review of this specification, in order to
identify any road blocks sooner rather than later.  I believe I've
addressed all of the documentation concerns Ken voiced when reviewing
the camellia-ccm draft, and I've included test vectors.

The draft currently has no IANA considerations section; I'm aware that
one will need to be added at some point.
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg