Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] Does draft-yount-krb-cred-clear-text-01.txt conflict with the work of the Kerberos Working Group

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 11:24:07 -0500

Hi.
I've agreed to help Russel put together a publication request for this
draft.
One of the questions the ADs will eventually have for the chairs of
krb-wg is whether this draft conflicts with the work of the Kerberos
working group.

Several people have indicated support for the draft.  Does anyone
believe that this draft needs to be handled as a work item of the
Kerberos WG, or would people be happy with it going forward as an
individual standards track document.

It's my personal opinion as someone familiar with IETF process that for
this draft, individual publication will result in faster action on this
draft than a working group document.

--Sam
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg

---

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 11:15:10 -0600

> krb-wg is whether this draft conflicts with the work of the Kerberos

I don't believe that the I-D conflicts with the work of the KRB-WG.

Indeed, I support this I-D.

> individual standards track document.

I'm happy either way.  It's sufficiently simple, and will get reviewed
by KRB-WG participants anyways, so I think the indiv. subm. vs. WG work
item distinction hardly matters here.

> draft than a working group document.

Fair enough then, go for it.

Nico
--