Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] PA type 149

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 14:46:21 -0500

Hi.

Recently, IANA started managing the pre-authentication type registry.
As part of the handoff  between the numbers Tom was making and the
initial assignments for that registry, we missed  an item:

pa-req-enc-pa-rep (#149) is used by Larry's negotiation proposal at 
https://lists.anl.gov/pipermail/ietf-krb-wg/2009-April/007593.html

MIt has already shipped an implementation of this; itc is now shipped
with the Ubuntu, Debian and possibly Fedora operating systems.

I'm writing up this proposal in an update to
draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-referrals and will register the
pre-authentication type in the IANA considerations section for that
draft.  However I want to make sure we're all aware of this issue and
whomever ends up being chosen as IANA expert for that registry makes
sure IANA does not assign that number.
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg

---

From: Love Hörnquist Åstrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 00:29:51 +0000

> https://lists.anl.gov/pipermail/ietf-krb-wg/2009-April/007593.html

Just to confirm, I have not used/implemented anything that uses 149 for pa-data.

Love