Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] Consensus call: IANA Policy #2

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 16:51:07 -0400

The chairs would like to confirm that Kerberos key usage numbers should
be registered on a first-come, first-serve basis, with the rules about
integrity vs confidentiality specified in RFC 4120 and echoed in
draft-lha-krb-wg-some-numbers-to-iana.
Even values are for confidentiality, odd values for integrity only.

Please send any comments by April 20, 2011.
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg

---

From: Love Hörnquist Åstrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 14:25:25 -0700

> Even values are for confidentiality, odd values for integrity only.

I think we should reserve lower numbers for standard, say 10000, higher first-come, first-serve

Love

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 18:54:51 -0400

>>>>> "Love" == Love Hörnquist Åstrand <[email-masked]> writes:

    Love> 6 apr 2011 kl. 13:51 skrev Sam Hartman:

    >> 
    >> The chairs would like to confirm that Kerberos key usage numbers
    >> should be registered on a first-come, first-serve basis, with the
    >> rules about integrity vs confidentiality specified in RFC 4120
    >> and echoed in draft-lha-krb-wg-some-numbers-to-iana.  Even values
    >> are for confidentiality, odd values for integrity only.

    Love> I think we should reserve lower numbers for standard, say
    Love> 10000, higher first-come, first-serve

Why is it valuable to do this?
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg

---

From: Love Hörnquist Åstrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 16:42:28 -0700

> Why is it valuable to do this?

Lower numbers are prettier and if you want a pretty number you should document it.

It should be the same for all number, having multiple policy is confusing.

Love

---

From: Michiko Short <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 17:53:46 +0000

Seems a reasonable ask.

-Mich

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Love Hörnquist Åstrand
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 4:42 PM
To: Sam Hartman
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Ietf-krb-wg] Consensus call: IANA Policy #2

6 apr 2011 kl. 15:54 skrev Sam Hartman:

>>> rules about integrity vs confidentiality specified in RFC 4120 and 
>>> echoed in draft-lha-krb-wg-some-numbers-to-iana.  Even values are 
>>> for confidentiality, odd values for integrity only.
> 

Love