Subject: Re: [Ietf-krb-wg] what is the status of pku2u?

From: Larry Zhu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 00:14:09 +0000

PKu2u is an individual submission and we are moving it forward. I did not get around to send this through the process but so far there is nothing blocking us from doing so. Does this answer your questions?
Thanks,
--Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry D'Anna [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2011 8:26 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Larry Zhu; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: what is the status of pku2u?

I'd like to know what the current status of pku2u is.  I'm looking into getting some kind of public key based GSSAPI mechanism into NFS on linux.  Apparently there were problems with spkm, but J. Bruce Fields told me pku2u might be a viable alternative.  I see that there's a windows implementation of it at least, but it doesn't seem to be published as a RFC yet, and I don't see much mailing list activity on it for a few years.  So what's the deal?  Is pku2u still moving forward?  Is it appropriate for inclusion in NFS?  Thanks!

          --larry

_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg

---

From: Larry D'Anna <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 23:25:56 -0400

I'd like to know what the current status of pku2u is.  I'm looking into getting
some kind of public key based GSSAPI mechanism into NFS on linux.  Apparently
there were problems with spkm, but J. Bruce Fields told me pku2u might be a
viable alternative.  I see that there's a windows implementation of it at least,
but it doesn't seem to be published as a RFC yet, and I don't see much mailing
list activity on it for a few years.  So what's the deal?  Is pku2u still moving
forward?  Is it appropriate for inclusion in NFS?  Thanks!

          --larry