Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] Consensus call: Iana policy #1

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 16:47:10 -0400

Based on proposals to date, the chairs would like to confirm rough
consensus that the following Kerberos protocol parameters should require
standards action for registration:

1) Protocol version numbers
2) KDC options and ticket flags
3) Transitive realm encoding types

Please indicate any comments by April 20, 2011.
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg

---

From: Love Hörnquist Åstrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 14:23:46 -0700

> 1) Protocol version numbers

I assume you mean pvno in the protocol

sparse resource and complicated negotiation, required

> 2) KDC options and ticket flags

sparse resource, required

> 3) Transitive realm encoding types

interop/security problems if there is unknown numbers, required

Love