Subject: Re: [Ietf-krb-wg] draft-ietf-krb-wg-gss-cb-hash-agility-06

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 11:14:02 -0400

As an individual, I agree with Simon we should be using a RFC 3961 checksum, not a
GSS-level get_mic for this draft.

_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg

---

From: Greg Hudson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 11:18:35 -0400

> GSS-level get_mic for this draft.

RFC 3961 defines a get_mic operation for each checksum, which is what
the draft refers to.

(I agree with Simon on both of the points he made.)

---

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 18:32:06 +0200

> GSS-level get_mic for this draft.

The document already uses the RFC 3961 checksum (which is called
get_mic), so that wasn't my point.

One of my concerns was that it was not clear how an implementation would
chose _which_ get_mic (CRC32, rsa-md4, hmac-sha1-96-aes128, etc).
Fortunately, it is easy to resolve (see my suggestion).

/Simon

---

From: Shawn Emery <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 10:53:30 -0600

Simon,

Thank you for your review and implementation of the draft.  I don't know 
of any other implementations.  I agree with your points and will submit 
a new version, hopefully later this week.

Regards,

Shawn.
--
On 04/ 4/11 10:32 AM, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Sam Hartman<[email-masked]>  writes:
>