Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] Update for draft-moustafa-krb-wg-mesh-nw

From: Hasnaa Moustafa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 10:50:28 +0200

Hi all,

Please find the information on a new draft (draft-moustafa-krb-wg-mesh-nw-01)
updating the -00 version of this draft.

The -00 version was presented during the Kerberos Session at the IETF 79th
in Beijing and some comments have been received mainly by Sam. These
comments are considered in the -01 version.

You can find this draft at (
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-moustafa-krb-wg-mesh-nw-01.txt) and the
abstract is below.

Looking forward to having more comments and discussion on this draft through
the list.

-------------------------------------------------------

 Title: Distributed Authentication in Wireless Mesh Networks Through
Kerberos Tickets

(draft-moustafa-krb-wg-mesh-nw-01)

Authors: Hassnaa Moustafa, Gilles Bourdon and Tom Yu

Abstract:

This document presents the problem of authentication and authorization in
wireless mesh networks constituted by several users communicating with
application servers and communicating with each other in a single or
multi-hop fashion.  Each user in this environment can also play the role of
an application provider.

Imagine a large music event where the provided network infrastructure is
enhanced with network storage equipment to allow visitors to access content
relating to the bands playing at the events, such as recorded video of
previous performances, supplementary audio and video material relevant to
the bands playing, etc.  Certain content is, however, not necessarily
available to everyone under the same conditions.  Instead access control is
applied before the full range of audio, and video material can be accessed.
Other content, such as previews, might be offered for free.  How can such
authentication, and authorization infrastructure be made available with
minimal configuration complexity for a temporary event like a music
festival?

This document lists the requirements for a potentially needed Kerberos
extension and presents a solution proposal based on the attempt to use a
Kerberos extension for mutual authentication in wireless mesh networks.

-------------------------------------------------------

Kind regards,
Hassnaa
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg