Subject: Re: [Ietf-krb-wg] Registering key usage values

From: Simon Wilkinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 16:00:59 +0100

On 16 Jul 2011, at 16:48, Simon Wilkinson wrote:

> In the absence of any progress with draft-lha-krb-wg-some-numbers-to-iana-00, what is the current mechanism for registering RFC3961 key usage values? I would like to register 6 values for OpenAFS's forthcoming rxgk implementation.

I asked this a couple of weeks ago, without response.

Is there any mechanism for registering these at present, or should we just pick some apparently unused values and try to grandfather them in whenever a new draft of lha-krb-wg-some-numbers-to-iana appears?

Thanks,

Simon.

_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 11:06:43 -0400 (EDT)

> I asked this a couple of weeks ago, without response.

You received a response from Sam:

https://lists.anl.gov/pipermail/ietf-krb-wg/2011-July/009423.html
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg

---

From: Simon Wilkinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 16:09:19 +0100

> I asked this a couple of weeks ago, without response.

It has just pointed out off list that I'd missed Sam's response. I believe that the application range will solve our problem, so please just ignore me!

Cheers,

Simon.

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 11:39:04 -0400

>>>>> "Simon" == Simon Wilkinson <[email-masked]> writes:

    >> I asked this a couple of weeks ago, without response.

    Simon> It has just pointed out off list that I'd missed Sam's
    Simon> response. I believe that the application range will solve our
    Simon> problem, so please just ignore me!

If for some reason you decide the application range is inappropriate,
contact Tom Yu ([email-masked]).  I'd far prefer you use the application
range than squat on a code point. My personal preferencebelief is that
the application range is fine.  However, key usages are intended to be
first-come-first-serve in Love's draft, so if you want some, I think you
should be able to get them.

We are trying to progress the iana draft; I hope to be done by the next
IETF, but it may drag out until end of year.
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg