Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] New version of draft draft-moustafa-krb-WG-mesh-nw

From: Hasnaa Moustafa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 22:35:58 +0200

Hello,

A new version of the draft (Distributed Authentication in Wireless Mesh Networks through Kerberos Tickets <draft-moustafa-krb-wg-mesh-nw-02>) has been posted today. This draft is available on http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moustafa-krb-wg-mesh-nw-02.

The abstract of this draft is as follows:

   This document presents the problem of authentication and
   authorization in wireless mesh networks constituted by several users
   communicating with application servers and communicating with each
   other in a single or multi-hop fashion.  Each user in this
   environment can also play the role of an application provider.

   Imagine a large music event where the provided network infrastructure
   is enhanced with network storage equipment to allow visitors to
   access content relating to the bands playing at the events, such as
   recorded video of previous performances, supplementary audio and
   video material relevant to the bands playing, etc.  Certain content
   is, however, not necessarily available to everyone under the same
   conditions.  Instead access control is applied before the full range
   of audio, and video material can be accessed.  Other content, such as
   previews, might be offered for free.  How can such authentication,
   and authorization infrastructure be made available with minimal
   configuration complexity for a temporary event like a music festival?

   This document lists the requirements for a potentially needed
   Kerberos extension and presents a solution proposal based on the
   attempt to use a Kerberos extension for mutual authentication in
   wireless mesh networks.

Any feedbacks will be appreciated.

Best regards, 
Hassnaa
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg