Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] Last Call: <draft-ietf-krb-wg-gss-cb-hash-agility-08.txt> (Kerberos Version 5 GSS-API Channel Binding Hash Agility) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 07:49:18 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Kerberos WG (krb-wg) to consider
the following document:
- 'Kerberos Version 5 GSS-API Channel Binding Hash Agility'
  <draft-ietf-krb-wg-gss-cb-hash-agility-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-11-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Currently, channel bindings are implemented using a MD5 hash in the
   Kerberos Version 5 Generic Security Services Application Programming
   Interface (GSS-API) mechanism [RFC4121].  This document updates
   RFC4121 to allow channel bindings using algorithms negotiated based
   on Kerberos crypto framework as defined in RFC3961.  In addition,
   because this update makes use of the last extensible field in the
   Kerberos client-server exchange message, extensions are defined to
   allow future protocol extensions.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-krb-wg-gss-cb-hash-agility/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-krb-wg-gss-cb-hash-agility/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg