Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] resolving final krb-wg comments

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 04:44:16 +0100

I have 4 remaining issues that I presented at the meeting today
with the following suggested resolution:

- - principalNumberOfFailedAuthenticationAttempts counting forever

Poll implementors. Tom Yu took an AI to look at the MIT codebase
and describe to the list their behaviour

- - remove explicit ref to set-change-password or keep as informational?

Keep an informational reference. I took an AI to include suitable
language stating that the IETF have been looking at standardizing
a protocol for setting/changing keys and passwords but was not able
to reach consensus.

- - "enterprise name" or "alias"

Remove reference to enterprise names - just talk about "alias" as a
general concept.

- - rfc2119 language bikeshedding

Keep working on the list resolves the issue. Sam things the new
proposed text misses important aspects. Stephen (AD) warns that
unclear rfc2919 language is likely to cause a DISCUSS from at
least some AD (if not Stephen himself).

	Cheers Leif
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg