Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] WG Last Call: draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-referrals-13

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 16:16:30 -0500

This note announces the start of an extended three-week last call within
the Kerberos Working Group on whether to send the following document to
the IESG:

Title:           Kerberos Principal Name Canonicalization and
		 KDC-Generated Cross-Realm Referrals
Filename:        draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-referrals-13.txt
Intended Status: Standards Track

   The memo documents a method for a Kerberos Key Distribution Center
   (KDC) to respond to client requests for Kerberos tickets when the
   client does not have detailed configuration information on the realms
   of users or services.  The KDC will handle requests for principals in
   other realms by returning either a referral error or a cross-realm
   TGT to another realm on the referral path.  The clients will use this
   referral information to reach the realm of the target principal and
   then receive the ticket.  This memo also provides a mechanism for
   verifying that a request has not been tampered with in transit.

This last call will expire at 23:59 EST on Jan 6, 2012

Please review this document and send any comments to the Kerberos Working 
Group mailing list, <[email-masked]>, by that date.  The file can be 
obtained via

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-referrals-13

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <[email-masked]>
   Co-Chair, IETF Kerberos Working Group
   Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsburgh, PA

_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg