Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] Splitting draft-ietf-krb-wg-general-pac

From: Simo Sorce <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 11:11:41 -0500

Hello Krb-WG members,
speaking on behalf of all the authors of draft-ietf-krb-wg-general-pac
we would like to split this draft in 2.

While working on it we realized that it would be much better to split
this document.

One draft would deal with defining a standard AuthorizationData
container similar to AD-KDCIssued, but that includes the additional
Checksums we need to verify the PAC content.

The second draft instead would define the Posix Authorization data also
in terms of one or more AD elements, to be embedded in the container
defined in the first draft.

If the working group does not object to this split I will try to have 2
drafts ready and pushed in the repository before the 15th conference
call.

Regards,
Simo.

-- 
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York

_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 14:11:25 -0500 (EST)

> The second draft instead would define the Posix Authorization data
> also in terms of one or more AD elements, to be embedded in the
> container defined in the first draft.

I support splitting the draft this way; I think it better matches how
authorization data has been used in the past.
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg