Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] WG Last Call: draft-ietf-krb-wg-pkinit-alg-agility-05.txt

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 17:15:37 -0500

This note announces the start of a two-week last call within the Kerberos 
Working Group on whether to send the following document to the IESG:

Title:           PKINIT Algorithm Agility
Filename:        draft-ietf-krb-wg-pkinit-alg-agility-05.txt
Intended Status: Standards Track

   This document updates PKINIT, as defined in RFC 4556, to remove
   protocol structures tied to specific cryptographic algorithms.  The
   PKINIT key derivation function is made negotiable, the digest
   algorithms for signing the pre-authentication data and the client's
   X.509 certificates are made discoverable.

   These changes provide preemptive protection against vulnerabilities
   discovered in the future against any specific cryptographic
   algorithm, and allow incremental deployment of newer algorithms.

This last call will expire at 23:59 EDT on Friday, March 2, 2012.

Please review this document and send any comments to the Kerberos Working 
Group mailing list, <[email-masked]>, by that date.  The file can be 
obtained via

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-krb-wg-pkinit-alg-agility-05.txt

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <[email-masked]>
   Co-Chair, IETF Kerberos Working Group
   Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsburgh, PA

_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg