Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] Last Call: <draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-referrals-14.txt> (Kerberos Principal Name Canonicalization and KDC-Generated Cross-Realm Referrals) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 18:20:28 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Kerberos WG (krb-wg) to consider
the following document:
- 'Kerberos Principal Name Canonicalization and KDC-Generated Cross-Realm
   Referrals'
  <draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-referrals-14.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-09-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The memo documents a method for a Kerberos Key Distribution Center
   (KDC) to respond to client requests for Kerberos tickets when the
   client does not have detailed configuration information on the realms
   of users or services.  The KDC will handle requests for principals in
   other realms by returning either a referral error or a cross-realm
   TGT to another realm on the referral path.  The clients will use this
   referral information to reach the realm of the target principal and
   then receive the ticket.  This memo also provides a mechanism for
   verifying that a request has not been tampered with in transit.  This
   memo updates RFC 4120.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-referrals/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-referrals/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg