Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] Call for Volunteers: Adding Energy to the WG

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 15:15:31 -0400

As Stephen mentioned, we're looking for people who would be interested
in helping to contribute to the WG.
We'd be interested in finding an energetic third chair.
For that position, you'd need to have some existing IETF
experience--contributing to WGs, possibly writing documents--and a
willingness to learn and particularly to learn IETF process.

however, now is a great time to step forward and say that you're
interested in what's going on in kitten or Kerberos and would like to
help out.  I think this set of working groups is really exciting because
of the bredth of the application security space we cover.  We have some
folks who are really looking for light-weight no-crypto mechanisms like
sasl-openid.  On the other side we have the Kerberos and multi-mech
GSS-API platform folks who are looking for mutual authenticationd and
phishing defense and who aren't as concerned about mechanism complexity
because they have shared infrastructure across a platform.

I think we can all learn from each other and do great work together.
So, I think now is a great time to get involved in the IETF and these
working groups.  If you agree, please drop Shawn and I a note and let us
know what your experience is.  If you have the energy we'll find a way
for you to help out!

--Sam
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg

---

From: "Henry B. Hotz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 11:17:28 -0700

I can't imagine I have time for this, since I don't have time to read a version of every draft, but I have to ask:  what, exactly would the job entail and how much time would it take?

> know what your experience is.  If you have the energy we'll find a way

------------------------------------------------------
The opinions expressed in this message are mine,
not those of Caltech, JPL, NASA, or the US Government.
[email-masked], or [email-masked]