Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-krb-wg-camellia-cts-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2012 12:59:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Kerberos Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Camellia Encryption for Kerberos 5
	Author(s)       : Greg Hudson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-krb-wg-camellia-cts-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-10-01

Abstract:
   This document specifies two encryption types and two corresponding
   checksum types for the Kerberos cryptosystem framework defined in RFC
   3961.  The new types use the Camellia block cipher in CBC-mode with
   ciphertext stealing [RFC3962] and the CMAC algorithm for integrity
   protection.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-krb-wg-camellia-cts

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-krb-wg-camellia-cts-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-krb-wg-camellia-cts-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg

---

From: Greg Hudson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2012 16:06:21 -0400

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-krb-wg-camellia-cts-02.txt

This revision addresses comments received from IESG review and a couple
from Ken Raeburn.  The changes are all clarity and consistency improvements:

* Reference RFC 3962 for ciphertext stealing.
* Swap key derivation and string-to-key sections to avoid a forward
  reference.
* Consistently use "random-to-key" instead of random2key.
* For key derivation, add a forward reference for random-to-key and a
  reference to RFC 3961 for k-truncate.
* Consistently use K(i) as a subscript to avoid confusion with Ke, Ki,
  etc..
* Explicitly specify the output length of the CMAC for checksums.
* Rename the section title "Kerberos Algorithm Parameters" to
  "Encryption Algorithm Parameters" for better parallelism with the
  checksum parameters section title.
* In the parameters sections, reference the RFC 3961 section the
  parameters are conforming to.
* Explicitly specify a string-to-key parameter format in the
  encryption parameters section.
* Specify default string-to-key parameters in the proper order.
* Removed "editor" role from my author entry.

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2012 21:46:23 +0100

Hi Greg,

Thanks for that. I'll leave it a couple of days before
sending the approval announcement in case someone spots
something.

The RFC editor won't like the reference in the abstract but
I guess that can be moved to section 1 - I'll put in an RFC
editor note for that, so no need for a new version unless
something else needs changing.

Cheers,
S.