Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] Document Action: 'Camellia Encryption for Kerberos 5' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-krb-wg-camellia-cts-02.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 07:04:39 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Camellia Encryption for Kerberos 5'
  (draft-ietf-krb-wg-camellia-cts-02.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Kerberos Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stephen Farrell and Sean Turner.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-krb-wg-camellia-cts/

Technical Summary

  This document specifies two encryption types and two corresponding
  checksum types for the Kerberos cryptosystem framework defined in RFC
  3961.  The new types use the Camellia block cipher in CBC-mode with
  ciphertext stealing and the CMAC algorithm for integrity protection.

Working Group Summary

  This document represents the consensus of the Kerberos Working Group.

Document Quality

  At least one major Kerberos implementor plans to include support for
  the encryption and checksum types described in this document.

Personnel

  The Document Shepherd for this document is Jeffrey Hutzelman.
  The responsible Area Director is Stephen Farrell. 

RFC Editor Note

Please move the [RFC3962] reference from the abstract to section 1.
That involves two changes, 

1) in the abstract

OLD:

   ciphertext stealing [RFC3962] and

NEW:

   ciphertext stealing and

2) section 1, 4th para,

OLD: 

   CBC mode with ciphertext stealing to avoid the need for padding.

NEW: 

   CBC mode with ciphertext stealing  [RFC3962] to avoid the need for padding.

_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg