Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] RFC 6806 on Kerberos Principal Name Canonicalization and Cross-Realm Referrals

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 15:02:07 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6806

        Title:      Kerberos Principal Name Canonicalization and 
                    Cross-Realm Referrals 
        Author:     S. Hartman, Ed.,
                    K. Raeburn, 
                    L. Zhu
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 47572
        Updates:    RFC4120

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-referrals-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6806.txt

This memo documents a method for a Kerberos Key Distribution Center
(KDC) to respond to client requests for Kerberos tickets when the
client does not have detailed configuration information on the realms
of users or services.  The KDC will handle requests for principals in
other realms by returning either a referral error or a cross-realm
Ticket-Granting Ticket (TGT) to another realm on the referral path.
The clients will use this referral information to reach the realm of
the target principal and then receive the ticket.  This memo also
provides a mechanism for verifying that a request has not been
tampered with in transit.  This memo updates RFC 4120.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Kerberos WG Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg