Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l2vpn-evpn-req-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 14:42:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Requirements for Ethernet VPN (E-VPN)
	Author(s)       : Ali Sajassi
                          Rahul Aggarwal
                          Nabil Bitar
                          Aldrin Isaac
                          James Uttaro
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l2vpn-evpn-req-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-10-19

Abstract:
   The widespread adoption of Ethernet L2VPN services and the advent of
   new applications for the technology (e.g. data center interconnect)
   have culminated in a new set of requirements that are not readily
   addressable by the current VPLS solution. In particular, multi-homing
   with all-active forwarding is not supported and there's no existing
   solution to leverage MP2MP LSPs for optimizing the delivery of multi-
   destination frames. Furthermore, the provisioning of VPLS, even in
   the context of BGP-based auto-discovery, requires network operators
   to specify various network parameters on top of the access
   configuration. This document specifies the requirements for an
   Ethernet VPN (E-VPN) solution which addresses the above issues.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2vpn-evpn-req

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-l2vpn-evpn-req-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-l2vpn-evpn-req-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/