Subject: [L3sm] [l3sm] #10 (draft-ltsd-l3sm-l3vpn-service-model): VPN policy : how to handle VPN merging easily

From: "l3sm issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2015 08:45:47 -0000

#10: VPN policy : how to handle VPN merging easily

 In the current model , VPN is a per-site property. VPN policy is defined
 within the site allowing a site to belong to multiple VPNs with different
 roles.

 There are some cases where two existing VPNs with many sites would need
 interconnection between them.
 With the current model we may need to update all the sites of each VPN.
 There was a proposal on the list to create a vpn-policy at vpn level to
 describe easily the interconnection of two VPNs.
 There are some implication on translation of both vpn and site vpn-policy
 to correct device configuration and this require a strong look.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ltsd-l3sm-l3vpn-
  [email-masked]      |  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement              |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:
Component:  draft-ltsd-l3sm-l3vpn-   |    Version:
  service-model                      |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -                        |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/l3sm/trac/ticket/10>
l3sm <http://tools.ietf.org/l3sm/>

---

From: "l3sm issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 06:35:03 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 > There are some implication on translation of both vpn and site vpn-
 policy to correct device configuration and this require a strong look.

 VPN policy is about exchange route among VPNs, I agree it has relation
 with VPNs interconnection.

 Can we address this issue with your inventory ops state proposal? It is up
 to whether inventory ops state is put at VPN level or site level, right?

  service-model                      |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                           |

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/l3sm/trac/ticket/10#comment:1>
l3sm <https://tools.ietf.org/l3sm/>