Subject: RFC 4684 on Constrained Route Distribution for Border Gateway Protocol/MultiProtocol Label Switching (BGP/MPLS) Internet Protcol (IP) Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 16:22:46 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4684

        Title:      Constrained Route Distribution for Border 
                    Gateway Protocol/MultiProtocol Label Switching  
                    (BGP/MPLS) Internet Protcol (IP) Virtual Private 
                    Networks (VPNs) 
        Author:     P. Marques, R. Bonica,
                    L. Fang, L. Martini,
                    R. Raszuk, K. Patel,
                    J. Guichard
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       November 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 28474
        Updates:    RFC4364
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l3vpn-rt-constrain-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4684.txt

This document defines Multi-Protocol BGP (MP-BGP) procedures that allow
BGP speakers to exchange Route Target reachability information.  This
information can be used to build a route distribution graph in order to
limit the propagation of Virtual Private Network (VPN) Network Layer
Reachability Information (NLRI) between different autonomous systems or
distinct clusters of the same autonomous system.  This document updates
RFC 4364.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...