Subject: ONTC-PRISM Newsletter: Call for Papers - Special Issue on Cloud Computing and Data Center Networks

From: Thomas Nadeau <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:27:59 -0500

FYI:

ONTC-PRISM Newsletter: Call for Papers - Special Issue on Cloud Computing
and Data Center Networks

Scope: IT services have proliferated significantly through most
enterprises and even to end-users. This explosion of IT services has led
to the emergence, growth and consolidation of computationally intensive
data centers. Data centers are principle network wide entities that are
responsible for the successful provisioning and scaling of IT services
across disparate users over a heterogenous network. We seek to understand
the network-wide design, implementation, architecture and technology
aspects of data centers and of emerging applications such as cloud
computing. We seek original review articles on technologies,
architectures, implementation excercises associated with data centers
including cloud computing, distributed and virtual data centers and
applications using such infrastructures. Articles must be written as per
the format prescribed below.

Keywords: Cloud computing, data centers, Carrier Ethernet, MPLS-TP,
PBB-TE, Virtualization, Consolidation.

Format: up to 3 pages with single column format, Times new roman 10 point
font for the text and 8 point font for the figure captions.

Submission information: Please send manuscripts to
[email-masked]. All articles will be reviewed by the TAB
and/or external reviewers.

Timeline:
Submission Deadline: Dec 31, 2009
Notification: Feb 1, 2010
Issue date: Feb 15, 2010

TAB in-charge: Thomas Nadeau BT Group LLC.

About ONTC Prism (www.ontc-prism.org): Prism is a quarterly newsletter
aimed at the dissemination of relevant content pertaining to optical and
high-speed networks and related growth areas across industry and academia.
Prism seeks to promote the growth of optical networking activity by
creation of a unified knowledge base and aims to create a communication
bridge between industry and academia in terms of research frontiers and
complementary strategies for future growth.