Subject: Protocol Action: 'IPv6 MVPN Support Using PIM Control Plane and S-PMSI Join Messages' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-spmsi-joins-02.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 08:00:30 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IPv6 MVPN Support Using PIM Control Plane and S-PMSI Join Messages'
  (draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-spmsi-joins-02.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-spmsi-joins/

Technical Summary

The specification for Multicast Virtual Private Networks (MVPN) contains
an
option that allows the use of PIM as the control protocol between provider
edge
routers. It also contains an option that allows UDP-based "S-PMSI Join"
messages
to be used to bind particular customer multicast flows to particular
tunnels
through a service provider's network. This document extends the MVPN
specification so that these options can be used when the customer
multicast
flows are IPv6 flows.

Working Group Summary

This document is a product of L3VPN WG. There were no technical comments
on the
document during the WG Last Call, which was completed in August 2010.

Document Quality

The document has been reviewed and there are no unresolved issues.
There are no known impersonations of the protocol. 

Personnel

Ben Niven-Jenkins is the Document Shepherd.
Stewart Bryant is the  Responsible Area Director.